Here’s what you will need:
- Starfish template found here …print it and cut it out.
- Pre-made pillow cover (Mine came from the Pottery Barn Outlet…on sale for $9.00 since the button need to be sewn back on. Woo hoo! However, they also have them at Hobby Lobby.)
- Burlap (1/4 yard should be plenty)
- Heat n Bond Ultra Hold or a similar product
- Pillow form (Mine is down and came from Goodwill for $3.00)
1. Cut an 8 1/2 inch square from burlap for each starfish that you plan to make. I made five.
2. Cut an equal number of squares from the Heat n Bond and apply them to the squares of burlap, following the directions on the package.
3. Pin the template to each square and cut out the burlap.
4. Place the cutouts on the pillow cover in a pattern that pleases you. Notice that I cut one of them in half and let it appear in two spots. I later trimmed the arms of the starfish in the bottom right corner as well. Pin them in place.
5. Following package directions, remove the paper backing and iron the starfish in place one by one.
6. Let them cool and then add the pillow insert.
And….taaa daaa!…here it is! I love the little summery touch that it adds to my décor without being too much!
And just in case you need another idea for an easy way to add a little summer, here are my summer Mason jar candles!
And maybe one of my favorite summer projects…my easy and inexpensive sheet music sailboats!
As for the staff, they are really enjoying summer since cat TV has added a new channel…the Chipmunk Channel!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my no-sew starfish pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Tuesday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…