Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

15 February, 2013

Pottery Barn Inspired Spring Vase...And It's Free!

I hope I am not rushing things for you, but after having my Christmas decorations up until the first of February for my holiday photo shoot, I need a little bit of spring! And I am so excited about this project because...unlike the $89 Pottery Barn version…mine was free! 

 
CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Baby Kitty2Baby Kitty was the one who first spotted it in their catalog…a pretty glass vase with a mercury glass base…and we knew that had to be our next project!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Spring Vase4Here’s how I did it:
  1. I already had some mercury glass candlesticks that I found at Goodwill year before last…when the mercury glass craze began.  Mine were only 99 cents each…and after three years I am calling that free! I also had a vase that was the perfect shape…leftover from a sweet gift of a bouquet of tulips.
  2. I liked the shape of the candlestick turned upside down, so I remove the felt cap on the bottom.
  3. I simply hot-glued them together with a small bead of glue around the top edge of the candlestick using the low temperature setting…and voilà!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Spring Vase3And finally…just fill it with your favorite things! I used some eggs as a little preview of Easter just as they did in the Pottery Barn catalog, but I can also see it filled with lemons this summer…or acorns and little pumpkins this fall. I am going to have some fun with this copy-cat vase! And…best of all…mine was free! Woo hoo!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my spring vase! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

French Country Cottage for the Six Days of Spring Party
French Country Cottage for It's a Spring Thing Linky Party
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

35 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous. I'm so glad to see Spring springing up in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    You are so amazing. I love Pottery Barn for ideas. They have a great design staff, and everything is so cute. Plus your kitty is so precious. I'm looking forward to digging into my bunny stuff soon. Thanks for sharing.
    xo
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Ahhh....this is so pretty! I think I might just have everything I need to make one for myself.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to rock a mag inspiration. I have a few pending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't miss a beat! Or I guess, it was Baby Kitty who was on top of this one. '-)
    Well, it's really cute and clever of you to copy this one. I like the idea of changing it out for the different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! It turned out great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gasp! I have a candle stick that I could use! Wonderful idea! I love Pottery Barn but I really love FREE! :) k.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Debbie! Now I just was wondering did baby kitty also put that arrow on the page so you wouldn't miss it? lol.
    Hugs friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Debbie! Love the marriage of the vase with the mercury glass base. It looks great with the eggs, but you're right, it could hold just about anything and look good. It's going to be like your tote ~ you'll be decorating it for all seasons! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Yours is BETTER than the Pottery Barn version! I love how easy this came together for you, especially after holding onto those candle holders which were such a great find! I'm pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Necessity is the mother of invention! You were so creative with just what you already had! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie I'm with you, had enough of winter. I was just glancing
    through PB catalouge on line and saw the same picture.
    I was looking at the spring branches and eggs. Funny how you looked at the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The spring colors are beautiful, and of course, I love your assistant. I have been remiss for comments recently, however, know that I love your blog and inspiration even when I do not reply.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your assistant Baby Kitty has such a great eye! This is so cute and free is always good! Love the spring look....I think I'm ready for some pastels!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb strikes again!! Beautiful!!
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Debbie...you never cease to amaze me with your fun DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie,
    Letting the cat into the catalog, eh???
    What an adorable "copy~cat" vase, dear friend!!!
    I can already hear that creativity wheel movin' right along!!!
    Lovethe soft hued eggs...can't wait to see what's next!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Hm~m~m...would a bird's nest fit???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! I have all the "parts" and just need those eggs! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow~ I absolutely LOVE it and the price couldn't be better. It turned out GREAT~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. How clever and resourceful you are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute, and so easy! That Baby Kitty really has a good eye. I haven't gotten my catalog yet..better check online. I'm making this! Thanks to you, and Baby Kitty, for another great project.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea! I have a similar vase but might have to hunt around for a base. Thanks so much for sharing your vase with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You come up with the best project ideas! Love your kitties.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love pottery barn and I love this idea. I have an Urn that I can use too. Your kitty is so cute being part of the fun :)
    I would love if you link this to my link party Monday morning!
    XO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soo cute and springy!! :) Happy Monday! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete
  26. too brilliant! good job kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I am impressed that is great. I hopped over from Wow us Weds
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome! I love it when things come together like that. YOur decorating looks beautiful. I haven't started yet for spring but
    I am inspired by looking at your wonderful blog!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantastic copy-cat! What would we do without PB?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at "it's a Spring Thing" I just don't think I can ever get enough of all these Pretty Spring colors :) Just pinned!!
    xo
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie