Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

22 January, 2013

Chalkboard Love...Fun Ways to Use Chalkboard Paint

While I was working on my last post, I realized how many different ways I have used chalkboard paint…sooo I thought you might like to see them all in one place! And of course you know that most of them will involve frenchiness!

French Laundry Basket One of my favorites and perhaps the easiest is this one…a little oval chalkboard tag added to my frenchy grey willow laundry basket. You will find a tutorial including instructions for painting the basket here.

Frenchy Rooster Chalkboard The only hard thing about my frenchy rooster chalkboard was finding the shape! However, I later found them at Michaels for only 79 cents! Love it hanging on the guest room door! :-)

053_thumb[2] I made this little guy completely from scratch! Gotta love the burlap frame! See a complete tutorial here. That's my sheet music wreath in the background. A tutorial for it can be found here.

merci tag_thumb[6] OK…so I am cheating here! I actually found these tiny chalkboards at Jo-Ann for only $1.50 for three! Woo hoo!  Click here to see the changes I made to make it more rustic. Love these little guys!

poire_thumb[6] In fact, they are still popping up all over my house…with labels in French, of course!

IMG_1766_thumb[5] Here’s my first project with chalkboard paint…converting this bunny chef recipe card holder to a little chalkboard! See how to do it here. There’s a fun tutorial for a frenchy grain sack pillow in the same post!

041_thumb[13]I still love this one…chalkboard wine glasses! What a fun way to claim your own glass! There’s a recipe for a white wine Kir and links to some fun French amuse-bouche…little tidbits to accompany your drinks…on the same post!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Thanksgiving PlacecardsYou can use chalkboards at holiday time, too! Here are some fun ideas for Thanksgiving place cards…although the little tags could be used at any time!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Valentine Chalkboard Greeting2 And here’s my most recent project using chalkboard paint…a tiny thrift store tray converted into a little plaque bearing seasonal greetings! You can see more here. Not only am I using it for Valentine’s Day…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Tiny Christmas Tree Greeting …but I also used it at Christmas! I am going to have fun with this one! I see a Saint Paddy’s Day vignette in my future!

kitty_thumb[5]Hmmm…have I gone too far?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my chalkboard paint projects! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! À la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:
 

23 comments:

  1. You have NOT gone too far! Love the blog and you gave me a big smile when I saw your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...even the cat is "tagged"....so funny Debbie...Love all your chalkboard creations...really love the wine classes...what a wonderful idea!....Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chalkboard projects are wonderful. I especially love the last one, made me smile. What a patient kitty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie,
    I love all the ways you use chalkboards. People are really starting to love them and they remain one of the biggest sellers in our booth. My sister loves painting silver trays for chalkboards.
    My "le chats" would run like crazy if I tried to put one around their neck....but wouldn't it be cute!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just add to your decorations. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some fantastic ideas for using chalkboard paint....I love it!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ideas for chalkboards- and the photo with your kitty is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are adorable! I'm borrowing the one that you have on the little silver tray for Valentine's Day! Also pinning this for future projects, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the inspiration! I love the wine glasses!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I don't craft much, so I've never "chalk-boarded" anything, but these are such great ideas. Your last one inspired me...think I could talk the beagle baby into wearing one as a name tag?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great ideas -- my favorite is the wine glasses! I think it would be great to do this on just regular beverage glasses for an upcoming party I'm having. Buy them at GW for 25-50cents each and then let the guests take them home! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your projects are so great, but I love the last one!! :) Le Chat!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Complimenti!!! Tanti modi molto carini per usare la lavagna!!!
    Abbracci Lieta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos. I love the chalkboard look. "Je t'aime, french kitty."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meow-nificant. I love you for taking a picture of your cat with a chalkboard.

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have so many wonderful projects on your blog. I love this! I am adding it to my Valentine's Day decor blogpost. Thanks for sharing:)
    http://www.alwayssomethinghome.com/2013/01/valentines-day-diy-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can never, ever go too far when showing pictures of cute things like your chalkboard. NO..of cosurse you didn't go too far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie,
    What an adorable idea on the wicker basket!!!
    I just updated my white basket in Studio One yesterday...
    had "Mr. Ed" come view your post to see the chalkboard attached to the basket.
    There's a "copy~cat" coming soon, dear friend!!!
    Thank you for always inspiring and encouraging
    with your oh so Frenchy (and other) projects!
    "Mr. Ed" & I enjoyed seeing Kitty...
    and of course, that handsome young man, Baby Kitty, too!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, All of your chalk projects are wonderful. I especially love kitty with the Le Chat tag. LOL. I bet he is thinking "mommy, they all know I am a cat!". Very cute. Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where did you find the rabbit chef recipe card holder? I am a rabbit crazed woman and I saw something similar to this years ago and didn’t buy it. I want back to the store a day later and it was sold out. The product was a close out. I have been searching ever since. Please share with me where I might find one. 👋😃👍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie