Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

12 November, 2012

Easy Ideas for Thanksgiving Place Cards

While I am still finishing up a few details for my Thanksgiving tablescape…and I’d better hurry…I wanted to show you a few options I have come up with for  easy-to-make place cards! Most of them will be reusable, too. Well, in fact all of them are reusable since the same crowd shows up at my house for Thanksgiving each year…my family! lol

Ozzie Of course, I would not know how to operate without the assistance of my helpful staff! Here, our CEO Ozzie is checking out the acorns for proper spin. You never know when you might need to spin an acorn!

SuppliesA quick trip to Cost Plus World Market for the first three items on the list plus digging through my junk drawer (Do you have one, too?) netted me everything that I needed:
  • Faux leaves
  • Chalkboard labels (chalk included)
  • Pinecone mini turkeys
  • Jute twine
  • Hole puncher
  • Sharpie marker
  • Mini pumpkins (Mine are real but faux is fine…whatever you have)

Leaf Placecard Option One…Write the name of your guests on the faux leaves using your Sharpie and top with a mini pumpkin…easy! Just arrange them on the napkins at each place and voilĂ !
 
Simple Leaf Place Card Or for another spin, place the napkin between the salad plate and the dinner plate and place the leaf on the plate…simple but pretty!

Leaf & Chalkboard PlacecardOption Two…Punch holes in one of the leaves and in a chalkboard label. Tie around the napkin using  jute twine. Add the names of your guests last since the chalk tends to smear. The chalkboard labels are sticky on the back but they don’t seem to stick very well to the leaves so the twine solves that problem.

Pumpkin & Chalkboard Placecard Option Three…Place the chalkboard labels on note cards, letting the sticky side adhere, and cut around them. Punch holes on each side and thread a piece of jute twine through the holes, tying knots to hold it in place. Add your guests’ names and hang around a mini pumpkin. I placed one of the leaves underneath to give it a little more presence on the napkin.

Turkey & Chalkboard Placecard Option Four…Make the chalkboard tags following the directions for Option Three and hang them around the little pinecone turkeys. Add them to the napkins at each place.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Thanksgiving Place Cards And there you have it…some fun options for making place cards for your Thanksgiving table…all from the same materials! Now I just have to decide which one I like the best and add them to my tablescape before I reveal it! Do you have one you like best?  

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Thanksgiving place cards! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party  
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday  
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday  
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday  
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday  
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays  
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures  
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall  
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays  
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays  
Stone Gable for Tutorials. Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays  
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday  
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday  
2805 for Potpourri Friday  
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday  
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday  
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday  
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays  
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special  
See you next time! A la prochaine!
 
Want to see more?
Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

14 comments:

  1. These are really cute, Deb. I especially like the 'leaf' one. It looks easy and has a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas, for me it is a toss up between the leaves and the chalkboards.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea Debbie! We are still trying to figure out what we are doing for Thanksgiving, but if we decide to stay home I would love to make some of these!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute, cute cute....too hard to pick just one. I'm impressed you had mini pumpkins in your junk drawer (lol)..yours is much better equipped than mine. :) Love those turkeys...wish we had a Cost Plus here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb all very cute and clever. I think I like the look of the leaf best! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the leaves under the pumpkin best, then my second favorite is the leaves on the napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful that I'm not hosting!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Great ideas for place cards!!! I have those same faux leaves! We host Thanksgiving next year here On Crooked Creek...bookmarking this post!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. love them certianly welcoming to all

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, They are all so cute! Thanks for sharing these at the Open House party and look for your place cards to be featured this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Debbie! Your ideas are soooo awesome! I totally love that natural place card for thanksgiving, so wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Here's expressing my best Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family and i hope you will have a fun-filled and blessed thanksgiving celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ozzie is adorable and love your ideas for place cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, thank you, thank you. What cute place card ideas and they can be adapted throughout the year for all seasons. Happy happy gobble gobble Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie