Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

12 December, 2012

My Starry Burlap and Plaid Christmas Tablescape

I am finally almost ready for Christmas! My house is decorated and my table is already set in anticipation of a small family Christmas eve gathering. In keeping with my rustic and simple theme this year, I am using burlap and plaid in the dining room as well as the rest of the house.

Christmas Tablescape And here’s my tablescape…not only burlap and plaid, but I have added glittery stars as well! Let me show you…

runnerTo introduce plaid to the table, I have simply added a plaid flannel Christmas ribbon along the edge of my favorite ruffled burlap table runner. You can find a complete tutorial for the table runner here.

napkin I have also layered plaid napkins on top of my favorite Christmas-y dark green napkins using the same fabric…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Burlap and Plaid Mantel5 …that I used to make my wreath and Christmas stockings. You can find a tutorial for the wreath here and for the stockings here.

place settingTo add some Christmas-y  sparkle, I have added a red glittery star to each place. Once again, I am using my go-to plates for a small gathering…my Chris Madden Felice  dinnerware…a $10 Goodwill find for a set of four…nested on silver chargers.  My Gorham Octette pewter flatware with its chunky handles is perfect for this tablescape!

glassesI like to mix it up…elegant with rustic, fine glassware with inexpensive…and so I am using my Goodwill $1.00 wine glasses with my Irish lead crystal goblets…fun! I’ve added a red ornament to the wine glasses for a little extra color.

stars I’ve layered on lots of faux evergreens and berries with one of my favorite decorating finds this Christmas…Pottery Barn’s German glitter stars…a fun find from their outlet store! They are sprinkled all over my house!
 
Lantern2 Still more stars…a star-shaped wreath that I found at Goodwill for under $3.00 back during the summer…serving as the centerpiece surrounding a  rustic lantern filled with a festive red candle. It is elevated on the Pottery Barn inspired monogrammed serving board that I  created for Thanksgiving…super easy and inexpensive! You can see how to make one for yourself here.

boda My Kosta Boda votive holders are adding even more sparkle to the table…looking like little ice sculptures!

hutch2 In the background is my hutch, still filled with my favorite blue and white transferware. I love it so much that I decided to make Christmas work around it by adding some pops of red.

Shabby Tool BoxMy favorite addition…my shabby tool box stuffed with more evergreens and berries topped off with more red glittery stars.

Deer And on the buffet…my burlap découpge deer beside my grandmother’s dough bowl sporting some seasonal sparkle! You can find out how to make your own deer by clicking here.

Christmas Tablescape And there it is…my starry burlap and plaid Christmas tablescape! All I need now is my family gathered around with two little high chairs added at each end for the grandbabies! It’s almost here! Are you ready?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas tablescape! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures and the Winter Party  

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays & Homespun Holiday Tablescapes
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

35 comments:

  1. What's not to love about all of this? Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Debbie, I still have a few things to pull it together. Your decorations are picture perfect. I love your tablescape and especially the lantern centerpiece. The pop of red throughout is my favorite. Gorgeous!

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the woodland feel of your rooms, Debbie. Your table is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb I love the star wreath around the lantern, it looks great!! You know how much I love stars and they look so good with all of your other elements, burlap, greens and plaid!!
    Great job as always,
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so beautiful, Deb. I love the plaid and those white dishes speak to me. :)
    Isn't it fun keeping kitties out of things? They just always need to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready Debbie. I'm really lovin' your plaid and it goes so well with burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophisticated, yet very welcoming. I could see myself relax and happy spending Christmas at you house.

    And TWO high chairs??!! You are a lucky woman.

    Keep sprinkling those stars all over. They're magic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed your tablescape and Christmas tree! Never thought I'd go to a tabletop tree but did this year. I was inspired by hour work this year. Thank you for your help!

    Hugs
    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented Debbie, this tablescape is perfect and your home looks so inviting and beautiful!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is stunning...I'll be over.
    Your decorating is so magazine worthy...it looks so cozy, warm and inviting.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table, Debbie! I love the look of the plaid and burlap together in your runner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie,

    Beautiful table, I love all the burlap and the plaid. The stars are so cute.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything you do is so pretty. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the plaid. All of it is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The burlap and plaid work SO well together! I really admire the way you've carried out your theme so beautifully. And your centerpiece is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the plaid, it is so pretty and such fun mixed with the burlap and the glitz of the stars. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Debbie! Guess you took the plaid tablecloth back? I didn't know there was flannel ribbon - perfect~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Christmas decor! The glittery stars really make a statement. I'm still decorating ... but some projects I had planned are going to have to be put away.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Debbie! I love the tablescape and the cute stockings. I am still envious of your $10 dishes. Thanks for joining the Open House party and Happy Holidays. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Complimenti per la tua bella tavola! Wonderful!!!
    baci Lieta

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie--It is just beautiful. I love all your stars and it is all just gorgeous- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, your home is is just a Christmas wonderland for me! I love it all. Good tip about adding some ribbon down the side of the burlap runner....I can do that! Really it's just gorgeous and all of it says Merry Christmas! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Inspiring. You have pulled together many colors & styles & they work well together. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Debbie, I found you via a list of GA bloggers and had to come say "hi." Your home looks so bright and festive. Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty table. So many lovely details. Love the hutch with the blue transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Terrific! The plaid and sparkle work perfectly together, and the colors are great for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such fun,
    I love your tablescapes! I am getting more brave with them...I need to set the table sooner so I can get pictures ptaken before we sit down to eat! I love your sparkle and rustic together. I also love the white wooden flower box with green and red stars on your hutch...
    I have some of those I am working on!
    beautiful things you have shared!
    Warms my heart!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Debbie,
    I love your Traditional red tartan plaid Christmas decor throughout your lovely home! Looks like the only thing missing is your family gathered around your table, dear friend!!!
    Thank you, Debbie, for all the amazing tutorials this Christmas Season!!! I finished our Christmas Stockings and will do a post soon!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this table. The burlap accents are perfect with the plaid. The German glitter stars are wonderful, too, and look great sprinkled throughout your table. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very festive! Awesome tablescape. The mantle looks amazing! Happy Holidays :) Seasons Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love every detail! I'm so impressed with your GW snags too. I have yet to discover any finds that great! The burlap and plaid is my favorite combo this season and you've done it beautifully. In fact, I've had my eye on a pair of my husband's flannel plaid PJ pants that I think would find a much happier life trimming my burlap table runner! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    Jessica @ A Humble Creation
    http://ahumblecreation.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You cannot believe how much I love this! I have Scottish heritage and love plaid. Your details are amazing and so well thought-out. I wish I could come over and steal it all - lol!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the red glitter stars. Your dishes are so pretty. What a lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love how you put all the different elements together. The crystal mixed with the burlap, the sparkle with the rustic gives it such an elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful and so inspiring ... I am in love with your table and the rest of your decorated items

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie