Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

11 December, 2012

Christmas Centerpiece for the Breakfast Room

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Centerpiece I am so excited about my latest project! Yes, I know I always say that, but this one is one of my favorites! I was inspired a a photo that I found on Pinterest from a British home decor magazine.  Isn’t it just so Christmas-y and festive? I love the simple, old-fashioned look!

It was really pretty easy! Just a warning, though…this project makes a mess so put out lots of newspaper for an easier clean-up! Here’s what I did…
  1. I found six flower pots that would fit my basket (more about it later) and filled each of them with some floral foam, cutting off the tops so that they would be flat.
  2. Next, I traced the top of the flower pot to use as a pattern and cut a circle for each pot out of a floral moss mat. The moss mat is less messy than just moss since it has a backing to help hold it in place and give it a shape. Then I tucked the moss circle over the foam.
  3. I used a knife to cut a slit in the moss mat and then turned the knife in the foam to create a hole. Then I added a candle to each pot.
  4. I used cuttings from my hollies in the yard and some faux berries to add some texture and color to each pot.
step 5 Finally, I added a strip of the moss mat to each pot, tying it in place with jute twine. Almost finished! And…do you see my little  co-host in the background?

Isabella Miss Isabella decided that this project was just a little too messy for her, so she supervised from a distance!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Centerpiece2 Then all that is left is to pop the pots into place in a frenchy metal basket from Southern Living…a fabulous Goodwill find for under $4.00. And…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Centerpiecetaaa daaa! There you have it! I love the simplicity and natural look…perfect for my rustic burlap and plaid theme this Christmas! This is just a peek…I’ll show you more of the breakfast room (and the rest of the house) later! Plus I have a few little easy projects to share that you can finish up before Christmas arrives! I’d better hurry! Only two more weeks!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas centerpiece! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures and the Winter Party  

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

The Everyday Home for the Better Late than Never Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

37 comments:

  1. great job!! thanks for sharing!! simple, yet natural, and pretty!!! love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! I just love the look. I hope Kitty stays away and doesn't drag that moss all over the house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this Debbie!
    I need to give this a try, so, so pretty!
    You clever gal you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great centerpiece and so adaptable to other sizes. I'm even thinking pastels for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Debbie! The pots & candles really show off the iron basket - one of my favorites uses ever of ths basket! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the basket and those little pots. Very cute idea. (: And it DOES look British!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous, simply beautiful! Great find on the Southern Living piece, love the way you've put things together for this lovely centerpiece. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, fabulous find on that basket, Debbie! It's a beautiful piece and I can imagine you will have a lot of fun using that to decorate with. Love this project! It makes for a really beautiful centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful.. love that arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! What a gorgeous centerpiece. Great pics of the creative process too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful centerpiece. Love the pictures. Great job as usual!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your basket is fabulous! I have a similar look in a wooden French basket but think I may have to do.a bit if revamping today! Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job Deb, looks wonderful. I really love all the pops of red you are using this year. So cheerful and festive. Your home looks so warm and cozy, a perfect Christmas home!
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, so pretty! I love the basket, such a great deal! The candles and flower pots look so homey & elegant at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty and refreshing. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked so much the idea with the candles!Kisses to your furry helper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that basket and your centerpiece is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is gorgeous- what a beautiful centerpiece. Now if you want to send me the kitty I will use that baby for MY centerpiece...okay...just kidding- Kitty can sleep on my pillow! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful centerpiece...so is Isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie,
    Messy or NOT. . .this is my kind of centerpiece!!! I adore how the flower pots fit nicely into your basket! I have some squares of moss that might be easier to cut. Fantastic idea...thanks for sharing!!! You always inspire me to attempt, anyway!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. I started those Christmas Stockings today...two down...two to go. I posted them on my FB page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now that's something I can do. Looks good and your little tutorial sets a clear path. I've got a funny little terra cotta pot holder like that. I'm on my way out of the house and around the back where I keep the extra pots. Thanks for the clever centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great simple idea and not too much money involved.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, your GW is amazing and you do wonders with your great finds. Love this one for sure. Thanks and Merry Christmas,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw this same centerpiece on Pinterest! Thanks for showing how to put it together, it looks great!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tres chic! And very festive! Plus, it fits my schedule and budget!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Debbie!!...so simple and so elegant!!...

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is lovely! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. It sure is a wonderful and festive look. I love it Debbie!!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just lovely, Debbie. I have some metal baskets that I don't know what to do with and this is such a great idea. Love how you wrapped each pot with a strip of moss. Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Christmas Inspirations bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so cute, and I think I have the perfect metal basket to copy your idea -- sorry! I think I might try doing something for winter look instead of Christmas at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Debbie- your blog always provides so much beautiful inspiration. Thanks for that! Glad that you linked up at the Better Late Than Never Party. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  32. As soon as I saw this photo, I had to click on it and read the post! I love this and would love to do the same thing. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super cute! I've seen some little pots like these but this is the cutest yet!
    You put it together really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Greenery with red candles, a perfect combination imo. Love how it turned out and Isabella keeping an eye from a distance. She looks a lot like one of our cats, Freckles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie