Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

12 December, 2011

Christmas Living Room Tour at the Plate Addicts!

treeWelcome to my living room…all decorated for Christmas! I’d love to show you around! I’m using a red and white color scheme this year built around two of my favorites…French ticking and toile, as you can see from the stockings and wreath in the background and the tree skirt. This is one of several small trees I have decorated. That seems to work better for me since I can have a different theme for each tree!

page This tree is decorated with wild birds…cardinals in particular, since they are my favorites! I have a pair that hangs around my birdfeeder all year!

020 I have already shown you my mantel..all dressed up in French ticking, burlap and mercury glass! You can find a tutorial for the wreath here and for the stockings here.

table1On the coffee table, you’ll find my new wire cloche…the top half of the stand that I showed you yesterday…filled with faux sugared apples. In the center is my tea set…collected piece by piece from Goodwill…

teaset …and filled with small Christmas trees and ornaments! I love the way it glows in the firelight!

santos3 My Santos cage doll is one of my favorites! I was excited to find an ex-voto for her to wear this Christmas…an antiqued sacred heart. Her style is more refined and softer than many of the more primitive Santos dolls and suits my Country French decor. I love the little cherub floating in the cloud at her feet!

santos4 Doesn’t she have a kind and beautiful face?

lantern On the media cabinet is a little candle holder with special meaning to me. It was in my childhood home and was decorated by my mom each Christmas!

mouse treeThe little ornament under the cloche…a gift from my mom… is another special favorite of mine as is the book...a Paris flea market find. In fact, they will get their own post later!

vignette On the painted chest is my little frenchy boy statue who presides over my vintage book bundle topped by a vintage Santa postcard. The pinecone candle was a Goodwill find. Beside them is yet another little tree, also with a cardinal theme.

cup And at the other end of the chest…a vintage inspired loving cup filled with a faux sugared berry kissing ball. I love the antique red berries…perfect shade of red for my living room…
 Is…as is this project in the works that Isabella would like to show you! Can you guess what it will be? Our CEO Ozzie stands in the background to make sure our chatty little Miss Isabella doesn’t spoil the surprise! You will have to come back to find out!

tree And there you have it…our Christmas living room! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations! 

Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Jennifer at Jennifer Rizzo for the Holiday House Party
Melissa at The Inspired Room for the Home Tour Linky Party
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for a Christmas Tree Party
The Nester at the Nesting Place for the Christmas Tour of Homes 
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

53 comments:

  1. your living room is done beautifully! So many beautiful treasures, festive and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love your bird tree. I love cardinals...they were my Grandmothers favorite and whenever I see them flying near by I think of her. Your living room looks so pretty. I like the berry kissing ball in the little urn...very cute!

    Have a lovely week,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb it is truly beautiful, warm and inviting, just wonderful! Merry Christmas dear sweet friend, Love you,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Debbie your salon is amazing and all ready for Papa Noel when he arrives to fill your stockings!!!

    Your pussycats looked equally as enchanted as I am!!!

    Thank you for such a delightful tour.

    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so pretty!! Love the tree...you decorated it to perfection! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I'm absolutely in love with your tree, cardinals are always such a dramatic touch to a holiday setting with their beautiful red. Everything in the room looks so welcoming, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still in awe of everything, but those stockings and wreath are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your living room is gorgeous and so festive. Love the french ticking stockings ~ LOVE it all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful Christmas open house? Looking forward to the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous Debbie, I love how it's all come together! You are a talented decorator and exceptionally crafty gal!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so talented! All your decorations look so pretty and elegant! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie, the living room is absolutely beautiful- warm, inviting, with lots of yummy red. Looks like a magazine pic! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Debbie so many beautiful things!! I LOVE the silver tray on your coffee table and the beautiful vignette you created on it. Love your little tree full of nests and birds. Love the book bundle with the vintage card. Let's just say I LOVE IT ALL!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie
    Everything looks so beautiful and I love the red and white ticking and toile! I like the idea of a few small trees too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, your tree even in its smaller size is beautiful. Everything is so festive and cheery for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!! Love the birds on the tree! Very beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is perfect! The noel letters are my favourite, but every detail is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such a knack for putting things together and making them look wonderful, Debbie. Seeing it all in person would be such a coup!- I'm sure that your family and guests are enjoying all of the eye candy! Christmas hugs to you, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely your home is all filled with Christmas cheer! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're home is warm and inviting. I too have a bird tree in our bedroom. I see a few ideas that inspire me and I may have to copy! Glad to see the kitties have been involved in your decor ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All are fabulous and festive decoration. So cozy so warm. Cardinals are pretty and the cats are sweet and charming !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, this is so pretty! Everything is just so warm and inviting. I love how you incorporated so many sentimental pieces. It just makes it all so special! Thanks for inviting us in!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! I'm into religious folk art. Where did you find your ex-vote? It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Debbie, Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my drawing. Your living room is beautiful, looks like the cats enjoy it. Love your Santos doll, I hope to have one someday. Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love love love your stockings! The little letters are such a cute touch. And the rest of your decor is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just scrolled down and then back up and then down again. Obviously, I love every little detail. This is beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely beautiful. I LOVE using small trees...I am working on getting one done for my kitchen but it will be next year before I finish it.:)

    I pinned two of your lovely photos..thank you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I admire your 4 stockingswith the NOEL letters. The Santos doll does have a very sweet face. Why do they have the wire skirt frames like they do? I've seen others and wondered...Your house is looking very pretty. Red is my favorite color and it so very cheery, perfect for the season. Merry Christmas!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your Christmas vignettes are exquisite. I always get so much inspiration from your photos and wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so pretty and it seems so cozy. Now I need to go do some more stuff to my mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness glory girl, you certainly did Christmas proud!!! Your place looks marvelous! So festive and beautiful!

    Great job sweetie!!!

    God bless ya and have a magnificent day!

    BTW: Giveaway...my place...ya'll come!!! I'll leave the door open and a pot of tea on the stove! Heehehehe :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything looks so festive, Debbie! I love your little tree, it is just beautiful.

    I think Ozzie is upset Isabella got the best seat in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Debbie, everything is so beautiful. See you aren't cloche impaired, yours look wonderful. I love that you have several small trees, that is such a fun idea. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  34. Debbie I am always so inspired when I visit you and your home. This year your decorations are so so lovely once again. I do love the ticking and the toile! Isabella is so pretty on that red sweater? Anyway thanks for sharing with us and I'm looking forward to more inspiration! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  35. Debbie,
    It's lovely! The red and white is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful Christmas living room ... I LOVE your tree! And, your mantel is gorgeous ... love that you added the glittered letters to your stockings! What a fabulous room to sit and enjoy the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Are you making a sweater pillow? Just a guess!!
    I love all your decor. My style totally....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Debbie, EVERYTHING looks fabulous! All that red & white is so festive! I love the wreath you put on the mirror...you've been SUCH a busy crafter lately. I so wish I could be making all this with you! What fun! Let's try to do lunch here at my place...and then me at your place over the holidays; even if it's afterwards. I'd love to see your goodies up close and personal. And we can do COFFEE instead of tea, how's that? Oohlala~ ;) xoxo Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful tour! I'm loving getting a peek into so many homes....it's like an armchair Christmas house tour! You've decorated so beautifully....what a wonderful decorators eye you have.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Everything looks so pretty Debbie! I love your little tree with the birds on it! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  41. Everything is simply beautiful—so very elegant and warm! You are a talented decorator!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  42. Debbie, I gasped with delight when I saw your tree! It is so gorgeous! You are so creative and gifted! Merry Christmas dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Debbie, Your room is beautiful! I have no excuse. (read my recent blog post) Next year I'm going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Special and meaningful treasures everywhere. What a wonderful Christmas room you've created. I have always loved your Santos doll, and the heart is perfect for her. I remember being so envious of her when you got her. I'm still crazy about your ticking stockings, and your gorgeous mantel vignette. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such elegant seasonal decorations. I love how you've displayed your Goodwill tea set on the coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What fun to be in your living room all decked out for the holidays. Pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Debbie - you have created such a cozy Christmas room! I love the red/white ticking. It adds such a warm feeling! :) The colors, textures, and vignettes are absolutely perfect!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  48. Debbie,
    What a lovely living room all decked out for Christmas! I adore your many small trees for your home! Your staff, Isabella and Ozzie, certainly have my curiosity aroused! I'll be back soon to see what you've been up to!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love so many things about your living room tour! The tree with the cardinals is gorgeous! The silver tea set vignette is so pretty. And I love how it reflects the light. Toille and ticking are also some of my favorite things. I could go on and on. Beautiful room! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  50. so pretty! those stockings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the santos cage doll, so pretty! And what gorgeous stockings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie