Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

15 April, 2020

Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie

I don't know about you but I am finding myself doing a lot more cooking while we are all sheltering at home. I made one of my favorites last night, so I thought I would share the recipe with you…Weight Watchers Chicken, Cheese and Biscuits. It’s a different, lighter sort of chicken pot pie using lower calorie broccoli and carrots instead of potatoes and peas.  It’s actually from one of the older Weight Watchers cookbooks as are many of my tried and true recipes.

004
Our scheduled co-hostess Miss Kitty decided that I could handle this one alone since cooking is not her thing and headed outside to play on the swing set! Sooo…here’s the recipe! Enjoy!

Click here for a printable recipe
Weight Watchers ~ Chicken, Cheese and Biscuits
from Confessions of a Plate Addict
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon margarine
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon powdered mustard
¼ teaspoon rubbed sage
1 ½ cups skim milk
1 packet of instant chicken broth (or 1 teaspoon granulated chicken bouillon)
Dash white pepper (I just use black), or to taste
4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces of skinned and boned cooked chicken, diced
1 cup each of sliced carrots, stemmed sliced mushrooms, and broccoli florets
(The veggies should be cooked ahead.  Sometimes I use green beans or cauliflower instead of broccoli.)
½ cup chopped onion
4 ready-to-bake buttermilk flaky biscuits
( I use the small can of Grands buttermilk and have one biscuit left over.)
Directions:
In a 3 quart saucepan, heat margarine until melted. Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the margarine. Add flour, mustard, and sage and stir. Add milk, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth. Add broth mix and pepper and reduce to low heat and cook until thick…5 or 10 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add the veggies and chicken and cook until heated through…3 to 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 1 ½ quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray and pour chicken mixture into casserole. Carefully separate each biscuit into two layers of dough, making 8 circles: arrange biscuits over chicken mixture in an even layer, overlapping slightly. Bake until biscuits are golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
This is the old WW, so I only have exchanges, not points. Each serving has 428 calories and counts as 3 protein, 1 bread, 1 ½ veggies, 1 fat, ¼ milk and 35 calories Optional Exchange.
Enjoy!
from Confessions of a Plate Addict
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com
Click here for a printable recipe 



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie