Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

18 March, 2020

45 Favorite Movies to Watch While You Are Social Distancing

Like many of you, I have made the decision to self-isolate, to distance myself from all except family, trying to avoid the coronavirus. I am in my 60s with high blood pressure so I have to be careful. I am already close to being a homebody so I am hoping that it will not be hard. But I can't watch the news all day...too depressing...and I don't find very much on television that will keep my mind off of our situation. I do have a house full of projects that I have not gotten around to doing and, if the rain will ever stop, I have lots of yard work I can do.  Honestly, I am not a big reader but I have to admit that I am finding comfort in my favorite movies. So to help me have a variety of choices, I made a list. They are generally light-hearted, with some period pieces and lots of romantic comedies and a few that I just love...nothing too heavy-duty for me right now! Some of these I have watched so many times that I almost know them by heart and having them going in the background is comforting. So just in case you are in the same situation, I thought I'd share my list with you.

Here, in no particular order, are 45 of my favorite movies. (Yes, I have that many!) Maybe you will find a few old favorites on the list, too, and a few new-to-you movies to check out! I didn't add links. You may need to google the ones that interest you. Enjoy!

The Proposal
Definitely, Maybe
Emma
Little Women (1994)
Leap Year
P.S. I Love You
Waking Ned Devine
Housesitter
Far and Away
It's Complicated
The Lake House
Hope Floats
Big
Mama Mia
Julie & Julia
A Good Year
Mrs. Doubtfire
Midnight in Paris
Tootsie
When Harry Met Sally
Monster-in-Law
Moonstruck
As Good as It Gets
Groundhog Day
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Love in the Time of Cholera (not as heavy as it sounds)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Something's Gotta Give
The Holiday
Last Holiday
The Parent Trap (1998)
Pretty Woman
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
13 Going on 30
While You Were Sleeping
Far from the Madding Crowd (2010... a bit more heavy duty but beautiful)
Princess Caraboo
French Kiss
Peggy Sue Got Married
What About Bob?
Bridget Jones's Diary
Overboard (1987)
My Best Friend's Wedding
The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain

And there you have it! No, I don't own all of these...only a few. I do have cable and Netflix which will give me access to some of them. I'm putting aside the personal lives and beliefs of the actors for my list and I hope you can, too. These are just movies and they will help me fill up what may be a very long stretch.
Do you have light-hearted favorites you would like to share? You can leave them in the comments. We need to stick together and we can get through this! Sending a big virtual hug to all of you, my dear readers! 


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Ooo...thank you! A really fun sleeper movie is IQ. It's a little hard to find but it's along the lines of You've Got Mail. Also with Meg Ryan. One of my favorites. Hope your household stays well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep this list handy! I also love 'Return to Me' (also has a great soundtrack), Count of Monte Cristo (Hallmark Hall of Fame version), that's all I can think of right now for oldies. We just streamed a newer movie called 'Knives Out' which was a super fun murder mystery, but not gory! Hope the sun comes out soon, literally and figuratively!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just copied this list. Thanks so much. I cruise around netflix and firestick tv and don't see these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting. I am over 60 and need to be careful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie