Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

10 May, 2019

Finally...Mark One Off My Bucket List!

At last! My patience has paid off and I am now the owner of my very own vintage meat dome! I looked back and discovered that I have been pinning them on Pinterest and sharing these beauties on my Facebook page for FIVE YEARS but the cost has always been prohibitive. And now...finally...after years of waiting and looking, a reasonably-priced meat dome crossed my path and came home with me!



I was antiquing with my friend Nan in Madison, Georgia when this beauty was literally sitting in the door of my favorite antique shop, waiting for me!

 I love the detail of the handle...

 ...and the engraving of a strange little furry arm with a weapon on the side. I did a little research, certain that this would give away its maker, but was unable to find out anything about it. Do you recognize it?

I displayed it with one if my double happiness jars filled with spring daffodils. I love the way it's reflected in the meat dome!

A little (and I do mean little) history....meat domes are just that...domes to cover the meat as it is brought to the table. I imagine it at a Victorian table as a part of a fabulous silver service. Of course, it will not see that kind of splendid use at my house but it will be treasured!  Now I can mark one find off of my bucket list. Next...a reasonably-priced French pastry table....also the object of a five year search. Wish me luck!

If you would like to see more meat domes and have a peek at a few beautiful French pastry tables, check out my Pinterest board HERE.

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Yippee, Debbie! I love when serindipity takes us to a treasure. That's the best kind of find. Your meat dome is gorgeous, and Iike you, the details really stand out for me. It looks to be in perfect condition too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of a meat dome or a pastry table before! Thanks to you, Debbie, I am educated! I love your meat dome. And I looked at your Pinterest board of them and the pastry tables. The tables are beautiful---so elegant with their scrolled legs. I hope you find one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbe ! J'adore le style, bravo pour cette magnifique trouvaille !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie