Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

26 September, 2018

Soft Colors Fall Mantel

I'm excited to finally share my fall mantel with you! And if you've been visiting my blog for a while, you'll notice that it's a little different for me...a "fall is all about orange pumpkins" kind of gal! This year it's softer colors on my mantel!


My house is always on wheels with my grandsons around! The two little guys and a busy teenager keep me running! Plus, I do believe that I could open a Lego store in my home with my living room showcasing their current builds. So I am finding myself more and more attracted to a calmer, softer palette when it comes to fall decorating.

The star of this year's mantel is my PUMPKINS AND SUCCULENTS FALL WREATH. I love the little scattering of succulents, a surprising  element in a fall wreath! You can see how I made it HERE.

 My mantel is pretty simple, really. I added three white pumpkins to a bed of faux eucalyptus...

 ...and finished it off with a rustic wooden lantern at each end. Just a note...I always use faux eucalyptus because real eucalyptus can make cats sick and even be poisonous to kitties!

I have the candles set on a timer so that they come on each evening at dusk to add a warm glow to the room. I have to say that I watch the clock and wait to see them come on! What can I say? I am easily entertained! lol

I love the contrast of the big, dark leaves of the eucalyptus and the soft white pumpkins! I painted $5.00 faux pumpkins from Walmart with chalk paint to get a more natural look. The original finish was a little too shiny and yellow for me.

And I love the way the three pumpkins reflect the three plates that are always on my mantel!

Here's a final look. And...do you know what I love best? Fall decor can stay up until Thanksgiving! Yaaay! That means several months of just sitting back and enjoying it! And on top of that...fall is my favorite season! I'm calling that a win-win!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Your faux eucalyptus is very nice. Do you have a source for it?
    Merci!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! There are two kinds...seeded with a smaller leaf and the larger leafed silver dollar. They came from Hobby Lobby.

      Delete
  2. Love your mantel decor and wreath! I've seen several pictures of neutral/subdued fall decorating pages and think that's the direction I need to go this year. There is some off-white chalk paint sitting on my work table right now, so it will be easy to cover up the orange on my faux pumpkins. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie