Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

16 January, 2019

My Secret for a 5 Minute Snowy Winter Centerpiece

Now that Christmas is over and the decorations are all put away, the house is feeling a little empty to me.  Soooo...I am making that transition a little easier with a few bits of winter-themed décor! And nothing could be easier than this snowy iced fruit and pine cone centerpiece! It literally took less than five minutes! Here's my secret for this super-easy and super-fast wintery idea...


...the entire centerpiece is made up of three softly-colored Christmas swags! My friend Linda was kind enough to share some of her Christmas stash with me and I knew the pale icy greens and snowy whites would make it perfect for transitioning into winter!

It's so simple! I just curled one of the swags into a circle and placed it on the top tier of my go-to galvanized farmhouse tray...

...and curled the other two on the bottom to form a larger circle. Easy peasy! I just had to do a little fluffing and arranging. THAT'S IT! There is such a generous amount of fruit, pine cones and little branches that I didn't need to add a thing!

I simply centered it all on my burlap table square and added a large pine cone, a pretty mercury glass jar and sprinkled on a little bit of faux snow.

The little handled jar...a gift from  a sweet friend who brought it back to me from The Silos in Waco, Texas...takes on a pretty glow at night and adds some warmth to the look.

Here's another peek. It's so easy and fun that I am now thinking that I will be shopping the after-Christmas sales for additional looks for next year!

Here's another centerpiece that I created courtesy of my friend's stash. I simply added her faux pomegranates to some pine branches and a few zinc-look ornaments and corralled them in my grandmother's dough bowl and voilà! It stayed out all during Christmas and I love it so much that I can't put it away. I don't think it's too Christmas-y. Do you?

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Wintery Centerpiece with Sweater SnowballsAnd here's another idea for a wintery centerpiece using faux long leaf pine and my EASY DIY SWEATER SNOWBALLS. Just add a few pine cones and over-sized snowflakes then sprinkle in a dusting of faux snow and you are good to go!

We haven't had a single snowflake so far this winter in the Atlanta area and this may be about as snowy as it will get at my house...but that's OK! At least this snow doesn't require an emergency trip to the store for bread and milk! ;-) And stay tuned...more wintery ideas are on the way, including some fun projects for Valentine's Day!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I like these ideas! I just shopped Christmas decor yesterday at 75% off and found things I can use for both Valentine's Day...blousy red velvet roses and white grasses with pearls...and Mardi Gras...some peacock themed items. It's still winter, folks! I'm not ready for the Easter/spring vibe yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR SITE! DO YOU HAVE A GOOD PRINTABLE FOR VALENTINES IN FRENCH? IF YOU DO, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie