Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

31 August, 2018

A Little Fall Antiquing

Tomorrow is September 1st and I am calling it the first unofficial day of fall! This Georgia girl has had it with the heat and humidity and I am ready to at least pretend that fall has arrived! ;-) So to celebrate, I did a little early fall antiquing at The Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia. Want to come along?



No real pumpkins are anywhere in sight yet so I am having to make do with "faux" pumpkins  of every description! I am happy to say that found lots of them, starting with this rustic beauty made from pallets.

You've got to love the texture of this neutral pumpkin...

...and you know this farmhouse-y galvanized pumpkin basket was a favorite!

This mercury glass version almost came home with me! Love the stem!

And I eyed this jack-o-lantern planter with the little grands in mind.

And finally, what could be more elegant than velvet pumpkins? Love the unusual colors!

And if you know me, you know I stopped to visit with this wonderful vintage ironstone covered casserole dish...

...as well as this creamer and sugar bowl...beautiful! Something about the shape is making me think of Beauty and the Beast's Mrs. Potts! lol

I always have to stop and admire any quadruple silverplate that I see. It dates from the Victorian era and is therefore at least 100 years old. Plus it come in the form of so many unusual pieces like this pickle jar...

...and this pretty bride's basket. Love the handle and the feet!

This display of copper pots always stops me in my tracks!

And if you know me, you know I have to check out anything with sheep...

...or bunnies, like this fabulous painting...

...or this cute pillow! Skedaddle is a word that I actually use. lol What about you?

And speaking of pillows, I love love the color and design of these!

And you know I have to stop and drool over anything French...like this gorgeous antique buffet! I couldn't back far enough away to get the whole piece in the photo to do it justice. It doesn't hurt that it's topped with a collection of blue and white!

And I made a little stop to admire this frenchy canister set. It makes me happy because I already have one just like it! :-)

 
So what came home with me? This wonderful cement pumpkin with a real stem! It's already on my porch making a little statement that fall is just around the corner. That makes me one happy camper!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, These finds are great! I also consider September 1st as the official kickoff of pumpkin palooza! laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Got my first look at a Victorian pickle jar and a bride's basket! Beautiful! I'm not ready yet to concede to fall: it's been too warm in CA, and continues to hinder my delight of taking out the brown and gold of autumn. Thank you for sharing your journey through a delightful day of antiquing! Love your cement pumpkin you took home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us antiquing with you. It's been a long time since I've actually been to an antique mall. I'm afraid I would have come home with the galvanized pumpkin basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your trips to this antique store. So many pumpkins, but the one you brought home is my favorite. Love the blue and white French canisters! I'm ready for a little cooler temps and some Fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved going antiquing with you! You found some great items. I can't say I am ready for summer to end but I am tired of the hot, hot weather, so in that sense I guess it is time for Fall. That is if it cools off. Sometimes there can be really hot days in September. I guess we'll take what we get and be happy, right?

    One of my favorites of the things you saw on you antiquing expedition is the velvet pumpkins. I love the unusual colors, too. I'd love to make some. Not sure where to find velvet in those colors, though.

    Well, Happy LD weekend and Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    Still blazing hot here, but there were chrysanthemums at the local garden center last week. I think I will be going over there to buy some mums to start Fall decorating. Your cement pumpkin is the cutest!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie