Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

16 December, 2017

Christmas Morning Simmering Potpourri

Can you believe that Christmas is only a little over a week away? The Christmas spirit has really arrived at my house and, to top it off, so has the smell! My secret...a special simmering potpourri that I keep on my stove all through the holidays!


The ingredients are all natural and I'll bet that you already have most if not all of them!

And once they are simmering, the smell of Christmas will permeate your home! Ahhhh!

Here's the simple recipe and I've even made it printable for you so you can save it for later, too!

Click here for a printable version of the recipe.
HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI
From Confessions of a Plate Addict
  • First bring a quart of water to a boil. 
  • Next add half of an orange cut into smaller sections (I usually squeeze the juice into the water and then add the peel).
  • Finally, add two cinnamon sticks, two bay leaves and 10-15 whole cloves. A few sprigs of pine can be added as well.
Let it boil for a few minutes, then turn it down to a simmer and leave it on the stove. In about 30 minutes, your whole house will smell wonderful! You can put it in the fridge and reuse it for several days. I have even frozen it and pulled it back out on a really cold night to make the house feel cozy. Be sure to keep an eye on the water level when the potpourri is simmering. Please note that this is a recipe for potpourri and is not intended as a beverage.
From Confessions of a Plate Addict
http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com
Click here for a printable version of the recipe.


The wonderful smell even woke little Iris from her nap! Excuse the bed head...er...fur. ;-)

And stay tuned because I still have a few more last-minute tips for you!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I love the smells of Christmas and your potpourri is all that! Little Iris is a doll! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going outside to pick an orange off our tree and stir this up today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Iris is so cute and thanks for this recipe. I love the smells of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Iris is so adorable and thank her for letting us in and enjoying the smells of Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank~you Debbi, I have been looking for a good Holiday scented simmer. Little Iris looks like such a Sweetie, and a snuggler!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie