Here’s what you will need:
- Goats milk glycerin soap (Mine came from Michaels. I used 1/2 of a 2 pound block.)
- Lemon verbena soap scent (Mine came from Hobby Lobby. Note that this is NOT essential oil.)
- Dried lemon peel (Yep…the kind used in baking!)
- Coloring for the soap if you wish ( I added a few drops of green.)
- Heavy glass bowl for melting the soap
- Molds (I used clear plastic rectangular ones from Hobby Lobby.)
- Non-stick spray such as Pam
- Slice off as much soap as you plan to use. (I used one pound which made 4 rectangular bars.)
- Follow the directions on the soap to melt it in the microwave. Be sure not to overheat it!
- When it is completely melted, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of lemon peel and gradually add soap scent to your liking. As noted, this is NOT essential oil, so you may need to add more. I used about 1/4 of the package (or 1/4 ounce) for one pound of soap.
- Spray the molds with non-stick spray, pour in the soap and let it cool and harden.
- Once they have hardened, simply pull the molds back around the edges to release the soap.
And here it is! The bars came out at about $1.75 each for the soap block and the scent. I already had the rest of the supplies from my previous soap-making adventures and my kitchen cabinet! :-) It will make a wonderful addition to your guest bath for the summer or tie it with some pretty ribbon for a special little hostess gift as you are making your summer visits.
And if you are in the mood to try some more of my easy soap ideas, here’s my LAVENDER GOATS MILK SOAP. I especially love this one since it reminds me of my time in Provence!
Baby Kitty is a big fan of wonderful scents so this one is his favorite!
Or if you are thinking ahead to fall, here’s my FIVE MINUTE SPICED APPLE GOATS MILK SOAP! Fall is my favorite season so I love this soap!
But whatever you do, please do not hesitate to try this method soap-making! I think you will find it as fun and easy as I did!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!