Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

10 April, 2016

Easy Fabric Découpage Flower Pots

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy French Fabric Decoupage PotsI am so excited because my favorite season has finally arrived and that means it’s time to start gardening!  And nothing says spring to me more than a pretty pot full of colorful flowers! It’s also time for the monthly share from Celebrations of Home with our focus this month on Mother’s Day. Sooo…I have decided to create some unique flower pots that will make wonderful gifts for Mom!


CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Fabric Decoupage Pots supplies
Here’s what you will need:
  • terra cotta flower pots
  • spray paint (the same color as the background of your fabric)
  • Mod Podge
  • foam brush
  • scissors
  • 1/4 yard or so of fabric per pot (depending on the size) My frenchy fabric came from Hobby Lobby.
  • Polyurethane spray
And here’s what you will do:
  1. Spray paint the outer portion of the pots (to prevent water from coming through) and let them dry.
  2. Cut a generous piece of fabric several inches longer and wider than the pot you are covering.
  3. Apply Mod Podge with the foam brush on both the pot and the outside of the fabric, working in sections and stretching the fabric over the pot, smoothing it as you go. Do not cover the bottom of the pot or the drainage hole.
  4. Once the pot is completely covered, cut away the excess, crossing the back of it end over end in a 1/2 inch section.  You may find that it works best at a diagonal.
  5. Apply more Mod Podge, smoothing it with your fingers, and allow it to dry overnight.
  6. Finish with a coat of polyurethane spray to make the fabric water proof. Allow to dry before adding plants
Baby KittyBaby Kitty suggests using herbs, such as his favorite…rosemary!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Fabric Decoupage PotsI chose to add some of my favorites…petunias and dianthus…because I love their wonderful fragrance! And I love the way they look with the fun frenchy fabric, too!

And they would make wonderful gifts for other occasions, too...teacher appreciation, get well, birthday or hostess! Everyone enjoys the thoughtfulness of a handmade gift!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Handmade Gifts for Mother's DayAnd just in case you need some more gift ideas, be sure to check out my easy HANDMADE GIFT IDEAS FOR MOTHER’S DAY. There’s a little bit of everything from sewing to no-sew, découpage with paper, chalkboard paint projects and lots more…to let her know how special she is!


Celebrations of Home April
And be sure to check out the gift ideas from these talented ladies, too!





Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. Love your fabric pots. You chose the perfect fabric. I love Baby Kitty's choice of herb, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Baby Kitty is one smart cat! :D Love your idea and the fabric that you used on your pots! Happy Mother's Day, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking pots! Love all of your Mother's Day projects. Lots of good ideas!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty. I love anything with a French theme. I've really got to try decoupaging with fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb - your creativity strikes again. I just love your Frenchy post, and I would have never guessed it was fabric! And what a beautiful fabric too. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty pots, Debbie. I love the fabric you chose, and both yours and Baby Kitty's selections for plantings are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great Mothers Day pots and gifts. I love the Frenchie looking pots, they turned out great.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Another outstanding DIY with a French flair! I love everything you do, and you make it look so easy. Have a great week.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea, love the flower pots!!
    Have a great day




    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy your blog. This is a simple yet beautiful project. Gorgeous fabric choice. Love starting my day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, these are so cute. I have some fabric I want to use for this now. You have the best ideas.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie! What a great idea...I love the pots! I would like to know where you found that wonderful fabric? I think I would like to help my granddaughter make a pot just like this for her Mother....thanks so much for all your super ideas!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! The fabric came from Hobby Lobby. So glad that you like this idea enough to share with your granddaughter! I am honored! Hugs...Debbie

      Delete
    2. Thanks Debbie....I have copies many of your ideas...love them all....I forgot to ask if you covered the bottom of the pot or left the drainage hole open...thanks again!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for asking, Diane! I should add that to the instructions. I spray painted the bottom of the pot but didn't cover it with fabric so the drainage hole is open. Hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! These are charming and Rosemary is my Mom's favorite herb also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie