Here’s what you will need:
- terra cotta flower pots
- spray paint (the same color as the background of your fabric)
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
- 1/4 yard or so of fabric per pot (depending on the size) My frenchy fabric came from Hobby Lobby.
- Polyurethane spray
- Spray paint the outer portion of the pots (to prevent water from coming through) and let them dry.
- Cut a generous piece of fabric several inches longer and wider than the pot you are covering.
- Apply Mod Podge with the foam brush on both the pot and the outside of the fabric, working in sections and stretching the fabric over the pot, smoothing it as you go. Do not cover the bottom of the pot or the drainage hole.
- Once the pot is completely covered, cut away the excess, crossing the back of it end over end in a 1/2 inch section. You may find that it works best at a diagonal.
- Apply more Mod Podge, smoothing it with your fingers, and allow it to dry overnight.
- Finish with a coat of polyurethane spray to make the fabric water proof. Allow to dry before adding plants
I chose to add some of my favorites…petunias and dianthus…because I love their wonderful fragrance! And I love the way they look with the fun frenchy fabric, too!
And just in case you need some more gift ideas, be sure to check out my easy HANDMADE GIFT IDEAS FOR MOTHER’S DAY. There’s a little bit of everything from sewing to no-sew, découpage with paper, chalkboard paint projects and lots more…to let her know how special she is!
And be sure to check out the gift ideas from these talented ladies, too!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!