Here’s what you will need:
- Faux pumpkins, preferably white (I purchased mine at Walmart for about $5.00 and spray-painted them since that was much less expensive.)
- Faux leaves without plastic “veins” on the back (Mine came from Dollar Tree. I have also discovered that you can peel the plastic off if you are careful.)
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Using the foam brush, generously cover the back of the leaves with Mod Podge and place them on the pumpkin.
- Add a top coat of additional Mod Podge and smooth the leaves as much as possible with your fingers, pushing out any excess Mod Podge.
- After about 15 minutes of drying time, smooth them again. You will find that they will actually stick better this time. I have to confess that I am always impatient and use my hair dryer to hurry the process along, being careful to dry them only enough to make them sticky.
- Once they are dry, add another coat of Mod Podge and allow to dry overnight.
And that’s it! I love the contrast of the colors and they will go well with my fall decor since I seem to be leaning toward fall colors with touches of green.
One of my favorite things about fall…the decorations can be enjoyed all the way to Thanksgiving! And stay tuned because I have lots more to share!
And Baby Kitty says “Please hurry!” to those autumn leaves since watching them blow about is his favorite fall pastime!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!