Here’s what you will need:
- An empty jar, preferably one that is relatively short and has a wide mouth
- Gold felt
- Stick-on letters and numbers (I prefer the kind with flocking or a velvet feel for more texture.)
- Jute twine
- Elmer’s All-Purpose glue
- Straight pins
- Print-out on card stock of the tags below with child’s name added, either with an editing program or by having them sign it
- Markers, pencils, flowers or the filler of your choice
- Cut a strip of felt measured to be as tall as your jar and wide enough to go around it with a one inch overlap.
- Mark with straight pins where the overlap will occur so that you can more easily space your lines and numbers.
- Create the look of a ruler by adding the stick-on lines and numbers, cutting the longer “legs” of the letters (N, P, T etc. for example) to create the straight lines that serve as measurements.
- Attach the felt to the jar by wrapping it around to overlap, securing it with Elmer’s glue and finishing it with straight pins to hold it place until the glue dries completely.
- Loop jute twine around the threaded part of the jar several times and tie with a bow.
- Punch a hole in the tag and tie it to the jar with the ends of the bow.
- Add your filler and…taaa daaa…you are good to go!
And here it is…super simple and fun to make! It only took a few minutes once I had gathered up all that I needed. It would not take long to make several since even the littles have multiple teachers.
FUN AND EASY PROJECTS THAT USE NUMBERS and make great gifts!
Be sure to visit the rest of the talented ladies in our no-sew crew to see what they are sharing this month, too!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!