I was inspired by this wonderful fall arrangement on the Better Homes and Gardens website! Do you see what I see? How easy would it be to recreate that base with something very ordinary?
Here’s what you will need:
- Two terracotta saucers (the kind that go under pots)
- Craft paint (Mine is Americana Light Buttermilk)
- Super strong adhesive (I used E6000)
- Optional: A pattern created by tracing around the bottom of one of the saucers and sheet moss to go inside the base
And here’s what you will do:
- Apply a light coat of paint around both the inner and outer edges of one of the saucers and only near the top on the outside of the other. You may refer to the photos as guides. I found that some sanding plus cleaning after with a wet paper towel helped to give it a more rustic look.
- Following the package directions for your glue, adhere the bottom sides together. Wait for them to dry if required.
- Optional: Using the pattern that you created, cut a piece of the sheet moss to fit the interior of the saucer. Our CEO Miss Ozzie says it helps if you have a cat to hold it down while you cut.
- Optional: Add the moss to your cloche base.
I love the rustic look of the terracotta and the additional height gives the cloche and its contents more presence!
Finally, fill the cloche with your favorite natural fall elements. I chose baby pumpkins because they just say autumn to me! And there you have it…an easy inexpensive way to add a rustic touch to your fall décor!
And just in case you are on the lookout for a more whimsical fall centerpiece, here are my pleated paper pumpkins…so easy that the kids can help you make them!
Or for a more traditional look, here’s my grandmother’s dough bowl all dressed up for fall, filled with lots of natural elements for some rustic texture.
And finally, since my fall beach trip has me running waaay behind, here’s last year’s fall home tour for you to check out. This year’s is almost ready…but not quite! Thanks for being so patient!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…