I was inspired by Pottery Barn’s fall leaf embroidered wreath pillow. I love the soft hues of the leaves but I have to say I’m pretty traditional and an all-out orange kinda gal when it comes to fall. And I thought the monogram in the center was a little too fussy for me as well.
So Baby Kitty and I put our heads together and came up with a way to create our own version that’s super easy and super inexpensive because you know how
Here’s what you will need:
- Plain pillow cover (Mine came from Hobby Lobby at $3.00 with a coupon)
- Decorative fall leaves (Also from Hobby Lobby at $4.80 on sale)
- Hot glue gun
- Aluminum foil
- Plate or circle to trace as a guide
- Tin snips or scissors
- Pillow form (Mine is down and came from Goodwill for under $3.00)
And here’s what you will do:
- Using the plate as a guide, center it on the pillow cover and trace around it with a pencil. Important: Once you have traced your circle, place aluminum foil inside the pillow cover, covering it entirely, to prevent the hot glue from going through to the other side and gluing the cover together.
- Prepare the leaves by removing the plastic ribbing on the back. I found it easier if I made a little cut in the center, being careful to cut only the plastic, and then peeled it off from each direction. This will allow the leaves to lie flat. (Note: I only used the smaller leaves in the package that I bought.)
- Using the circle that you traced as your guide, place the leaves in a pattern that pleases you.
- Gently lift the leaves one at a time and glue in place. You may need to go back when you have finished to be sure that they are all attached.
Now carefully put in your pillow form and…taaa daaa! There you have it! I love the richness of the fall colors in the leaves! It adds just the perfect hint of fall without being too much. And…best of all…it was soooo easy and inexpensive and didn’t require me to sew one stitch!
And if you are on the lookout for a no-sew Halloween pillow, then I have the perfect project for you…my Pottery Barn inspired no-sew boo pillow! I was in their outlet store just yesterday, surrounded by piles of their pillows and I had to smile, knowing that I had my own inexpensive handmade version of it at home! :-)
And be sure to head on over to visit my oh-so-talented friend, Yvonne at StoneGable, to see what she has to share with you in our Fall No-Sew Showcase! She always has something wonderful up her sleeve!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my no-sew fall pillow! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…