As usual, my staff seems to have left me to work alone. Our CEO Miss Ozzie is particularly relaxed, so I won’t disturb her!
Here’s what you will need:
- Sheets of double-sided scrapbooking paper or two sheets back to back. I found Walmart to be an inexpensive source for the thinner paper that I needed. (I actually put two sheet back to back because I liked the colors better, although it would be easier to use double-sided sheets.) I used one book of 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets and a portion of another.
- Cardboard cut into a 10 inch circle or a cake round
- Hot glue gun
- Strip of burlap for the rose
- Loop of jute twine for the hanger
- Find the center of your circle by drawing two intersecting lines.
- Create approximately 24 cones in each of two sizes by rolling scrapbooking paper cut into 8 1/2 inch and then 5 1/2 inch squares and securing them with tape.
- Hot glue cones along the four lines to create a guide for the rest of the cones.
- Continue filling in with the larger cones until the outer part of the wreath is complete.
- Hot glue the smaller cones along the inside of the larger ones, always having them meet in the middle.
When the cones have all been added, complete the wreath with a burlap rose in a coordinating color. You will find a tutorial for making the rose here. Finish your wreath by hot gluing a loop of jute twine to the back.
And…taaa daaa!…here it is! I am adding mine to my back door for a little splash of color to greet my special back door friends! Here, I have to add that when my little three-year-old grandson spotted it, he gleefully shouted "Party hats! Can I have one?" lol So of course we had to make one with the leftovers! ;-)
And just in case you would like another summery wreath, here is my no-sew burlap rose wreath…also super easy and fun to make!
And it’s not just for Christmas…here is my sheet music wreath which was created with much the same technique as the scrapbooking paper wreath.
And another fun and very summery project with sheet music…my sheet music sailboats...which is also a good craft for the kiddos! Just a little bit of fun for finishing out the summer days!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…