Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

11 January, 2013

Fun Frenchy Valentine Projects for You!

pageValentines Day is only a month away and it’s time to get those projects started! Sooo…I thought I would show you a few a few fun and easy ideas for bringing Valentines Day into your home!

008 Here’s a project that is super easy and inexpensive…my French script Valentine candles. All you need is a few Dollar Tree cylindrical vases and supplies that you probably already have on hand! The French graphics are included in the tutorial here.

055My vintage French Valentine pillow is another fun project that includes the graphic! I love the way it adds to the season and still blends with my French country decor. You can find directions for making it here.

031 Our co-host Baby Kitty did a great job of supervising its creation. And the fun part was that I found yet another way to use my discarded French ticking drapery panels!

065And finally, here is my rustic French Valentine centerpiece starring the wonderful chippy box that I found at Joss and Main last year. It is filled with my frenchy handmade ticking (Yes...another way to use my drapery panels!) and toile fabric hearts. You can get a closer look here. And did you notice that I took the photos during the blue hour? I was so excited! That’s never happened before or since even though I have tried!  Woo hooo!

And there you have a few projects to get you started! I am working on a new one right now that I think you are going to love, so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my frenchy Valentine projects! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

20 comments:

  1. Oh! I adore those little stuffed hearts. I think I may make a dozen this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great projects, Debbie! Love that pillow! You are making great use of your ticking panels. I love ticking with toile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, eager to see your latest project. I know it will be wonderful. This post makes me want to pull out my valentine things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try to make those candles! You know I'm all about anything French this year!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love that pillow....I am crazy for pillows and that one is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    These are beautiful! Really! The red just pops and it really cheers me on such a dreary gray rainy day. Just what I needed.
    xoxoxo to Baby Kitty!
    I'm going back to revisit your post now....

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, that pillow is so adorable. love that graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the little toile fabric hearts. Adorable. Would like to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Valentine projects are so cute,love the pillow especially. I have some of those candles, with music pages, may need to add a little "heart-y" fun to them- thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've inspired me to get sewing and make some of those sweet little hearts for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    What amazing Valentine projects!!!
    I adore your white chippy box filled with soft Valentine hearts!!! The red transferware sets it off beautifully!!!
    Of course, I am quite smitten with Baby Kitty...he has stolen my heart!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Valentine's Day Projects, love your chippy box, filled with goodies. Thanks for the link on the "Bluehour" I'd never heard of it before, now I'll be looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie....so many beautiful projects...you always have such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute stuff! I am going to start following you so I don't miss anything!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is all so pretty and the little fabric hearts are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty. I especially love the centerpiece. The fabric hearts are so cute. But best of all the the kitty, how adorable. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that chippy box! Your Valentines decorations are really great! I guess I poop out on that one and don't really make much effort except something on the kitchen table. I remember you French vintage pillow from before- you did a great job on it! You are such a good crafter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie