Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

15 December, 2012

One Random Act of Kindness...

Sunny Knock Out RoseI am heartbroken over the senseless deaths of the children and their teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut. I know you all are, too. It is a helpless feeling that I cannot put into words. There is nothing I can do but pray and hold my grandchildren closer as I hold back the tears. This world can be a terrible and frightening place. I cannot make it better. I cannot change everything. There is nothing that I can do to make the pain more bearable for those families. But I can do this…make one little moment better for one person. And that is just what I intend to do for the next few days…with a few random acts of kindness. I have to admit that the idea is not my own. It came from one of my daughter’s friends…a young man I watched grow up in our old neighborhood. And when I read about what he plans to do, I knew he was right. We can conquer evil with good…bit by bit. If you like, you can join me. I know that somehow it will help me to feel that I am doing something to make things better…even if it is small.
 

“Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.”   Scott Adams (1957)

 

To find some wonderful ideas for random acts of kindness, click here. 

Or...if you prefer, the United Way of Western Connecticut in partnership with the Newtown Savings Bank has created the "Sandy Hook School Support Fund" to provide services to the families and to the community that have been affected. You will find more information here. 

If you have children who would like to share their thoughts, letters or pictures with the Sandy Hook community, they can do so here.

Comments are off for this post.