Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

06 October, 2012

Linen and Burlap...Vintage French Pumpkin Pillow

 You know I couldn't let fall go by without an autumn-themed pillow…and here it is! I love the vintage look of the graphic and the rustic combination of the muted green burlap and natural linen
…perfect contrast of colors and textures!

La Citrouille transfer At the heart of it all…this fabulous graphic that I found here at Vintage Printables…a wonderful source for vintage graphics! I added the French title (I can’t seem to resist doing that) and flipped it for you for use as an iron-on transfer.

Pumpkin Graphic I simply printed it on iron-on transfer paper and applied it to a scrap of linen. Next I raveled the edges and stitched it to the front of my burlap pillow cover. To save money, I made the back of Osnaberg…an inexpensive linen look-alike. I used an envelope-style closure (tutorial here) to allow me to reuse the down pillow form…under $3.00 from Goodwill. And…even better…I just take the cover off and put it away when the seasons change! Good deal because I was developing a huge pillow storage problem before I started making envelope closures! lol 

Ozzie CEO Our CEO Ozzie seems to approve and gives a nod to the corners as especially nice! :-)

Pumpkin Pillow And here it is! It cost absolutely nothing since I already had everything in my stash and I can use it all the way to Thanksgiving! Woo hoo! And next year I can even pull it out at the beginning of September to use! A seasonal pillow that I can use for three months…now that’s my kind of project!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!  
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party  
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday  
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday  
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday  
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday  
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday  
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday  
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesday 
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall  
Thrifty Decor Chick for the Easy Fall Decor Party   
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday 
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday  
Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursday  
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday  
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday  
2805 for Potpourri Friday  
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday  
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday  
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday  
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Friday  
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special 
 The Everyday Home for the "Better Late than Never" Fall Party  

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Want to see more? 
Subscribe by email or in a reader 
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

35 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and the timing is perfect! I was drooling over some napkins at Williams-Sonoma at $9.99 each and deciding if I wanted to buy two and make pillows!! I didn't (too cheap) and this graphic is SO similar! Thank you for your generosity! Your style and eye for design are impeccable.....there is rarely ANYTHING I don't love here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and thanx for sharing the image Debra! I need to make some fall pillows for around the house.Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favorite of all your creations, Debbie! It's so sweet and a little rustic, too! Love it!

    I haven't seen too much of Ozzie...as CEO, does he take off golfing a lot? ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image, Debbie! I love how you add the text to go with the images. This as such a great rustic, Fall look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie this graphics transfer stuff was all new to me before blogging. I am going to buy a new sewing machine so I can make some pillows. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillow is just lovely. Love the bright orange on the transfer. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your pillow is so pretty. The colors of the graphic are wonderful! You really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie,
    You are inspiring me to create something pretty. I just love this sweet pillow.

    Kitty seems to love it too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the rustic look for fall. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, another great project. I love the burlap and linen together, and the images is gorgeous.
    Happy Fall.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time for you to change your name to "Confessions of a Pillow Addict".....your talent for pillow making amazes me....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Υοu have a real love for pumkins!I love all your pumkin-creations!Filakia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb love the picture of Ozzie scratching himself on your pillow. Another clever idea from our master DIYer!!! I sent you a couple of pins that had your name written all over it from pinterest with the @ application. Happy Sunday dear friend,
    xo kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pillow, Debbie. All your fall projects have been wonderful. Thanks for the graphic. I saved it for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kitties always seem to love the corners, don't they? I love the pillow!! Thanks for the flipped image!! I just might make this!! =) Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. You, my dear, are a veritable font of talent, and I am proud to call you my friend!

    And I am slaughtering the King's English, let alone French, all over the internet as I have absconded w/ Mr. M's IPAD/IPOD? and can't see the print. It's miniscule. Anyhow, I have it for the day, but then I have to go work. BOO!

    Ozzie is such a great helper, Debbie. You need to train him to sew next. I wonder if it's ever been done... a cat who sews? That would be a cute children's book. I'll have to ponder that.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the perfect fall pillow! Of course nothing could hold a candle to that lovely and handsome staff of yours :) Thank you for the printable! xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great pillow! Thanks for sharing the transfer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this pillow and graphic!!! Thank you for sharing, so kind of you...hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your pillow! It's funny, but I just put a bunch of pillows out for a garage sale we are having....vowing that I am pretty much done with pillows, then I see yours and think, ah, just one more.....
    Love it.
    Thanks for inspiration.
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! It's perfect.....

    Swoon.....
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty, Debbie, and I love the pic with the cat....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore what you did with that fabulous graphic! Adorable on that burlap. I have tried several printers and am very unhappy with them. Can you tell me which one you have? It does a fabulous job....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice design, Debbie. Love the tattered edges.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to make an envelope pillow, so I will check out your tutorial. I love this pillow--the pumpkin graphic is great. I really like decor that can be used for a long time--the pumpkin works all fall long--neat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ps--Loved seeing beautiful Ozzie--what a coat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another gorgeous project Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing your talent and creativity with us at Inspiration Friday each week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  28. LoveLove the pillow. want to try making one soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie