Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

16 August, 2012

Antiquing Again...Plus a Little Touch of Fall

FallMy friend Linda at Nina’s Nest and I are heading out to do a little antiquing. Want to come along? We are also hoping to get a little bit of fall inspiration. I am ready for pumpkins and Indian corn…well, almost! We are going to our favorite antique mall…the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia. Sooo…rob your virtual piggy bank and join us!

AcornsOooh...and right away there are little signs of fall! Or...I should I say big? Don’t you love these giant acorns? Their caps are made up of actual acorns! Clever, huh?

White pumpkinsAnd look at these white fabric pumpkins with twigs as stems! It’s hard to tell from this picture, but these guys are huge!

Antlers2It looks like antlers will be big again this fall. Good…because I have a growing collection of sheds…dropped by the deer as the new ones grow in. I just can’t do the other kind!

Tags Also still big...chalkboard paint! Gotta love these tags! Do you see what they are made from? Old laminate samples…the perfect size!

StoolOf course, there were Union Jacks…all the rage…like this great burlap-covered stool with its hand-painted version. Love it!

Vintage French And you know I’ve got to have some frenchiness…and this is the real thing! Love these vintage salt and match boxes!

024 And…wow!…do you want these fabulous French headboards as much as I do? Gorgeous!

Sheep paintingSheep just look so French to me…reminding me of Marie-Antoinette’s perfumed sheep in her little hamlet on the grounds of the Palace of Versailles.

Poultry pillow Speaking of which…here’s a frenchy pillow advertising poultry food from Versailles.

Tiny pillow I was excited to see this little pillow! If it looks familiar…

French Grain Sack Pillow …it’s because I made my own version! You can see how I did it here.

Table and chairs I love these frenchy chairs and table! I know it’s the rage to paint them, but I love the warm look of the wood. It just says French farmhouse to me.

Detail on chair Just look at the detail on the chairs…unusual!

035 It reminds me of this urn that I showed you last time…which was still there, by the way. Wouldn’t it be pretty on that table?

Basket of lidsI always try to leave with at least one inspiration and this is it for me this time…a basket lined with burlap and filled with lids…in blue and white, of course! 

Basket of lidsAnd here is my version! The basket came from my mom’s house and was there as long as I can remember. I suspect that it was handmade.

tag I added a frenchy vintage tag to echo the one on the inspiration basket…although theirs is a price tag! lol

bkAnd there you have it…our little virtual shopping spree and my antiquing inspired basket! I hope you had fun and found a little something to buy with your virtual money! Baby Kitty says Excuse me, but I would like some cat food…and not the virtual kind! Looks like I’ve got to go! See you next time!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed our little shopping trip! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday   
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

31 comments:

  1. I loved my visit to the antique shop! I got some ideas too! I loved your lid basket copycat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of eye candy, Debbie! You make me want to go to one of the big ones that we have here {it's a bit of a drive, but worth it}. Love all the ideas and I love your version of the basket with lids. The tag is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking me with you on your shopping trip! I love the Acorns and your inspiration basket. Yours is perfect! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Q of H once with my cousin who lives in Marietta, and just loved the place. I wish I could get over there again. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking me along to the Queen of Hearts. My favorite is your inspiration basket. Love the mix of lids together. Great idea!
    Have a nice day.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, so many gorgeous goodies and things to drool over. Love the basket, how fun and yours is stunning with your tag and key. Perfect. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the little virtual shopping trip, Debbie. Your basket of lids look so cute- such a good idea. And of course, everything looks better with a baby kitty on the side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved everything I saw, Debbie. Maybe one day we can do it in person!

    xo, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great shopping spot. LOVE that wonderful dining set, and those massive pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the basket you decorated. I have sorta like that..
    its ok to copy cat you, right:):)

    thanks for all the beautiful inspiration. gives me lots of ideas for redoing my home..

    see ya soon
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place, Debbie, and thanks for taking us along. Everything is so organized and set up so attractively, I would have a ball here!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking me along on your shopping trip! I think my favorite thing of all were the giant acorns. Wouldn't they make a Fall statement??!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks oodles for taking me along virtually! I'm about to go stir crazy here. (I wonder why they call it stir crazy? If I could stir, I wouldn't be crazy.)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi D....How did I miss the sheep painting?? Love it! Your copy of the basket of lids is wonderful - that was one of my favs for sure! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for taking me along...I spent a virtual wad on this trip...I bought the twin headboards and that sheep picture and some horns. Enjoyed it! Got to start saving up for our next virtual shopping excursion! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your lovely shopping trip at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. My daughter moved to Atlanta last year, I'll have to go antiquing in Alpharetta next time I visit. And I love the lids in the basket!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for taking us along Debbie, so many pretty things! Love your basket vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the virtual tour! Saw lots of great inspiration! I LOVE the french headboard! And your pillow turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful tour Debbie! I enjoyed every moment and wished that I lived nearby so that I could join you! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh,love everything but especially the tags. How did you make them? Would love a tutorial. You are so good at them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great shopping trip Debbie!
    I will take one of each! I love that table and chairs and boy I wouldn't paint that either.
    Love, love your basket full of lids, perfect!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for taking us to the Alpharetta QOH. They always have so many great things and ideas. LOVE your version of the basket with lids, and best of all it was your mom's.
    Have a great weekend,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debbie,
    How did you know I was craving some retail therapy??? What great inspirations you showed us all along your trip! Perhaps the dishes (lids) in the basket reminded Baby Kitty of food...cat food! Thanks for a much needed therapy...retail, that is!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your fall decorations! We'd love if you'd share with our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Happy weekend!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_08_13_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi from http://www.homeologymodernvintage.com/
    I'm so excited to see my chalkboard tags featured among the mix of lovely finds you came across at the Queen. Thanks so much for stopping by my booth!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Antiquing is one of my favourite pastimes. My they were large pumpkins.
    A little orange spray paint. Hmm that gives me an idea....
    That picture of the sheep would have made it's way home.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. that dining set is exactly what I've been lookinf for. If only they'd ship to Canada =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What fun finds! I love the Union Jack stool and the chairs.

    I'm still trying to hang onto summer as long as possible, but am inspired by the fall accents.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  30. OOh you featured a pillow from my booth (Sassy)Thank you so much. Love your blog and will be linking it to mine. Funkytimeart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie