Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

05 July, 2012

Country Living Inspired Ruler Table Runner

I have a fun new project to show you and this one is really special because it was made for a very special lady…my friend Pat! She loves black and white and has a thing about numbers, so this ruler runner is right up her alley!

runner CL Here is the inspiration photo that she found from Country Living. Cute, huh? You can find directions for making their version here. It was really too long for Pat’s needs so I did a little tweaking, but I love those giant numbers! I love the vintage look of it, too...just takes me back to elementary school!

runner 4I decided to leave off the 1/8 marks since this was a smaller version and I didn’t want it to look too crowded. I also used white cotton duck fabric for the runner since the drop cloth that they suggested is really not white, but grey. I think I like the look of the sharper contrast that change achieved.

001I used the Souvenir Regular font to create the numbers and printed them in 3 ½ inch size. Then I used a pencil and colored over the back to create my own carbon paper! lol Next, I pinned the numbers in place and traced over them. Finally, I finished them off by outlining them with fabric marker and filling in with fabric paint. 

runnerAnd here is my version of their look. I may just have to make one of these for myself! Love the way it all looks with the morning sun peeking in through the breakfast room window!

is Isabella says she especially likes the addition of the green bottle to the table since it matches her eyes! (You’ll have to admit that they are beautiful!) And not only that, but it matches her favorite froggy toy. Apparently for our little former super model (she’s a little too portly now), it is easy being green! lol

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my ruler runner! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Amanda at Serenity Now for the Weekend Bloggy Reading party 
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

75 comments:

  1. I loved that runner when I saw it in the magazine too! Yours turned out great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, D. Love the black adn white and green combination. Yep, better make one for yourself! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy cute idea!I like the contrast by using bright white too. Being a science teacher, maybe I should make one in metric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dog-eared my magazine for this project too! Now I know that I have to make this for my table - turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another incredible project Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a thing for "numbers", too and I like your photo better than the inspiration photo. Yes, Isabella is right about the addition of the green bottle!!! Another great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that in CL and loved it!! Great copycat !! You did a fantastic job and I'm sure your friend just loves it!
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and I'm sure Pat does too. This would make a great gift for my teacher friends, thanks for the tutorial and inspiration Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, Debbie! I'll bet your friend Pat just loves it! Not only for the runner but because you made it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I actually like your version better than the one in Country Living.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, This is so absolutely cool! I'm sure Pat will love and enjoy it on her table. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is THE coolest runner I've seen in a long time! Love the look, and you make it sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb, this is amazing! I am in love with this idea, black and white and numbers, be still my heart!! Is your friend Pat, the same as my friend Pat? xo kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Kathysue...it's our sweet friend Pat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling, thoughtful gift! This is so clever, Debbie. You amaze me with the projects you take on with such ease. I know Pat is going to be thrilled!
    Congratulations on winning the eruos. Have fun shopping! I can't think of a more appropriate blogger to have won this one. ;-)
    Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that, Debbie! It just looks so charming on the table -- could make it work for any season! Thanks for sharing!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool runner...Isabella is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cute!! Deb you always have the best crafts!! Love Isabella and her green eyes!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK stop the presses!! That is darling!!! Love!! I'm not sure I could do it (straight lines scare me) And Isabella adds just the right touch. She's a flirt and she doesn't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg! That is tooo cute. You create the most wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie...that runner is amazing!! Love every "inch" of it!!...

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGoodness......that is fabulous...that is so my house, I am crazy for it! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another fabulous project, Debbie! I love this. Thanks for sharing this at the Open House party.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun project! Wouldn't it be cute in yellow for a child's party?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty darn cute. I would love to try it, but I am just sure I would mess up the measurements. I'm not known for my numerical savvy. I bet your friend is thrilled. How sweet of you to make that for her.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Debbie,
    WoW!!! You did an amazing job on this runner...I like your version better as I, too, have a smaller table!Portly ...( or not) Isabella is still a striking beauty!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P. S. The microwave corn was a HUGE success on the Fourth of July...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous! When I first saw this, I knew that it was a project for you, my clever friend!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I found your link on Common Ground and I love this project! Great job.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  29. So charming~ I love it!!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. ta daaa! clap clap clap clap. That's just too cute. I'll have to make one for my granddaughter. She just asked me for a new runner for her dresser yesterday. You always find the nicest projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it!I agree with Olive...bomb diggity.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great job! It makes a really fun conversation piece besides looking really cool. I do like it on the white canvas, it has a nice crisp look.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You never cease to amaze me with your talent and creativity Debbie!! This is another fabulous project and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  34. I keep looking at my CL and thinking about giving that runner a try. I have to agree about the fabric choice. I think your is much better and I think it would be much easier the way you did it. I guess I have no excuse not to try it now! Thanks for making it EZ (my kind of DIY).

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is FABULOUS!! Yours turned out even better!! I love it! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your idea.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is just amazing Debbie! It looks so good!
    Is there no end to your creativity my dear, jealous!
    jk.
    Your an inspiration!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh goodness! I saw that runner too, and I loved it. Yours is wonderful and so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't begin to tell you how fabulous this is Debbie. I love it.

    Love Isabella too. My Gabby and Gizzy would love to meet her.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  39. So cute!!!! I love the numbers in black against the cream....I agree with you....it looks better.

    I need to start being creative again....and soon!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is sooooo cute! I love that you made your own carbon paper...clever!!
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What fun! I LOVE the runner.It's "1" of a kind, and just "2" cute. Great job, Debbie!
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  42. Isn't this something!? WOW - I adore this and am definitely pinning it. Not sure where I'd use it but I'll have to figure that out another day!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh Debbie, this is absolutely fabulous and Pat will love this. How fun and exciting. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  44. Super cute! I had the same idea when I saw that issue of Country Living! Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow you did a great job of copying that magazine idea! It ls so cute and now Isabella can see if she is growing any!

    ReplyDelete
  46. The runner is just lovely! I am sure your friend is going to be thrilled when she sees it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. So completely adorable!!!!! I just love it!

    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  48. I don't even remember seeing this in Country Living, but yours is a real eye catcher. I might have to try one of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love this runner! Your's really measures up!! Thanks for sharing your how to!

    ReplyDelete
  50. The runner is fantastic! You are so clever with all your projects and the way you style your house. Of course, you do have exceptional staff to help. I love seeing them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is so cute. It turned out so nice! What a great center piece for the table!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is great! You beat me to it! I saw it in Country Living too! Your project is even better!!

    laura@imnotatrophywife.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dear Confessions,
    This is a wonderful idea... easily dressed up as you did or dressed down for a fun back to school theme party... also, really great teacher's gift, don'cha think?

    Love,
    impressed in NE

    ReplyDelete
  54. You're my hero. I don't think I've ever seen a cuter runner. I honestly like yours better than Country Living's. Applause all around.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I've had this pinned but haven't made - so for now I'll just admire yours - it turned out fantastically!
    Here's to many fabulous glasses of wine shared over that runner.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm like Kelly - I've had this in the back of my mind ever since I saw it from Country Living. Yours is a perfect version. I love it. I've always thought it would be the perfect runner to put out in September, in honor of kids going back to school. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  57. That is a super cool runner. I didn't see it in the magazine, but I would have loved it too. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is such a creative idea and a really FUN runner! Very wonderfully done. You make it sound so easy!
    Your project would be perfect to share at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS, my new weekly linky party! It is live every Wednesday evening at 8:00. Come on over and join in!

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is fabulous! saw it in the magazine and yours is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great job! So happy you linked to Cowgirl Up because I am showing off your runner on my facebook page tonight!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Texas-Girls/140299076008437

    ReplyDelete
  61. You have so many great projects! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  62. SO cute! I love this project and it turned out so beautiful! I'm a new follower and would love if you followed back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is so fabulous! Did you link it up at Wow Us Wednesday yet? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I loved this when I saw it in the magazine and yours turned out amazing! Your photos are so pretty...

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a great project, love it, yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Ohhhh my goodness. HOW did i miss this today. I LOVE that you made this for our sweet Pat and know it will make her feel better after having a rough week. Can I just say I love this a hundred times over. I like yours so much better for the reasons you said, because it is crisp and not as cluttered with lines. You are just a genius my friend. I can't wait to see it in her home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie