Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

26 March, 2012

Spring on the Porch

Spring seems to be arriving early this year, so I thought I'd better get going on bringing a little touch of it to the front porch! I have really enjoyed my lanterns...great finds at TJ Maxx several years ago. For spring, I decided to fill them with some pretty seasonal (faux) flowers. And...you cannot have spring without a bunny...

...and this one is such a cutie! Just look at his sweet little face!

On the other side of the porch...more faux daffodils fill the lanterns. My porch gets so hot in the afternoon that I have had to find some creative ways to decorate with things that won't melt or die! The boxwood in the background has stood the test of time...a great anchor for the porch.


On the door...a great basket (a Goodwill find that looks almost identical to one I saw in a high end catalog) filled with curly willow and faux forsythia...also from GW!

I have to share this with you...the imprint of a leaf in the cement on the porch! Don't you love it? You can see every detail!

My daughter found these wonderful geraniums for me...love the hot pink! I have been hesitating to plant them, but I think I may live dangerously this week and go ahead. I keep waiting for Mother Nature to zap us with that last freeze, but I am beginning to think it might not come! (fingers crossed)

And I hope not since everything is blooming and filled with little tender shoots and buds! My flowering cherry is no exception. And...hey!...I was downloading this photo when I saw something that I did not see when I took the picture. Do you see it?

Yes...a little caterpillar making himself at home among the petals! I guess I am going to quit holding my breath and finally believe that spring has arrived! What about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my spring porch! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for the Spring Door Decor Party
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring and the Bunny Blog Hop

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays and Spring Linky Party
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

33 comments:

  1. Your porch looks wonderful and very welcoming.

    Spring is surely here .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday MOrning!!...it looks like another gorgeous day here in the ATL.....I love the basket on the front door....it looks terrific. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little spring display! I love the leaf print too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those moments when I looking at my new photo shots and see a "surprise!"

    The leaf on the porch...that's your porch? It's pretty cool! Did you just noticed it, or did you already know it was there?

    Spring has definitely sprung here in Alabama...but like you, I have a small niggling worry that we'll get a late frost and it will do some damage to all the spring beauty.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks wonderful! I love all the yellow-it is so fresh and Springy. Those geraniums will really add a nice pop of color for you, too. I am still holding my breath, too. waiting to get zapped by a deep freeze. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fresh and pretty color on your front porch, Debbie! Love the forsythia-filled new basket and the faux daffodils in the lanterns. I get eastern sun all day in my own doorway, so faux is the only way I can go, as well. Your blooms are lovely. It got chilly last nite and the furnace came on this morning! We've been spoiled, but I figured a last minute freeze or chill would occur. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Debbie, your porch looks wonderful! Yes, I love that imprint of the leaf, very cool. Love the basket on your door filled with forsythias too. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring has definitely sprung on your porch!! Lovely ..the sweet bunny and lantern are so pretty. I adore that yellow forsythia on the door! Happy Spring!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, Wow, like you I need to get moving for adding a spring welcome on the front. You've given be some great ideas. I have those same lanterns from TJ Maxx, I've gotten a lot of miles with them. The sweet little bunny is right at home there. I love the pretty basket with the forsythia, it really pops on the dark color of the door. The caterpillar in the the cherry blossom made for a snap. Happy spring Debbie.

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lantern and bunny are so cute. I'm waiting for the pollen to let up a little to decorate. Love the basket on the door. Happy Spring. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute little bunny! Love the forsythia in the basket on your door too.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, Loving the bright pop of yellow on your Spring porch. Your little bunny boy is so adorable. I am gong to attempt to do something Springy on my porch today! xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tu porche se ve magnífico con esas bonitas flores.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, Debbie! I have a small area by our front door that little things {like your bunny} might work for me. I caved and bought two huge ferns yesterday at Lowes, but I am still hesitant. I will be watching the weather to bring them in at night if necessary. I'd hate to lose these beauties to a freeze! One is to be planted in our front door urn ~ soon, I hope. Your boxwood is a nice solution to having something that gets hit with sun. My plants used to get fried in the pots I planted in the front of our old house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, your springtime touches are so welcoming. It is definitely spring here in TX and it's not a late freeze that causes me worry. It is the threat of early summer with extreme heat. LOL
    Thanks for the inspiration. Love the shots! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your "all things Spring"...your basket of forsythia on the door is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know whether to trust it is really Spring or not. Looks like it might have arrived where you are though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you're all set for spring Debbie! Best of luck with the pretty geranium and I love the leaf in the cement-cool:@)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your porch Debbie! THe boys have been working on the outside so no prettiness on the door our outside. In fact they told me I needed to gather all my "junk" outside so it wouldn't get painted when they started to spray the house. Imagine them thinking my decorating necessities as junk!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Debbie,

    It sure does look like spring at your home. I love how you filled the lanterns with potted flowers. The bunny is adorable looking. The basket is perfect on your front door. The leaf print is so cool. I can't get over your beautiful flowers. Tonight we are going down to the low 30's.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet little post. From the bunny standing guard on the porch to the leaf impression to the sweet little caterpillar. I gotta get busy on my porch too. It is borderline disgusting right now with all of the pollen. Icky! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous and inviting Spring decor! Inspiring me to decorate my own porch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, Your front door basket is gorgeous!.. and your flowering cherry.. beautiful...even with the caterpillar.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always LOVE using lanterns as planters in my outdoor decor! Looks beautiful Debbie & Happy Spring!]

    xo Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your porch looks amazing Debbie! Very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the basket on the door! It was warm here, and so many trees popping out a month ahead of time. But now we are back to below freezing at night! Hope it doesn't kill off the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with everyone! Love that basket on the door, the lantern, little bunny, flowers...everything is just perfect and your door is gorgeous! Great job.
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  28. The leaf in the concrete is wonderful Debbie.

    I love your pretty Spring porch.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have been looking for a bunny like that! So cute! I love the basket with forsythia branches too!
    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely blog! I am your newest linky follower!
    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a WONderful porch. I would feel welcomed from the get go. That bunny is to die for! Visiting from WOW us Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So pretty. This looks great! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie