Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

04 March, 2012

Pottery Barn Inspired Easter Eggs

069A sunny day and some blossoms on the trees are making me feel like spring is finally on the way! Sooo...I am really excited to show you my latest project...my Pottery Barn inspired Easter eggs!

img33o As soon as I saw these eggs from Pottery Barn, I knew I had to try my hand at re-creating them...but with one change. I wanted to use pretty pastel colors because they just say Easter to me!

027 So I was happy to find these eggs at Hobby Lobby...on sale for about $7.00...waaay better than Pottery Barn's $20 plus shipping! They already have little organdy ribbons attached for hanging and I love the little speckles, too!

HAPPY EASTER

I already knew which font I would use for the graphic...one of my favorites...My Old Remington. Next, I went in search of instructions for printing on tissue paper and found this video from Shimmy Bean Creations. I have to admit that I tried going a little rogue and experimenting with her instructions...bad idea. I had to fall back on my years of experience as a teacher in clearing paper jams from the Xerox machine! However, I managed to get two good copies...an extra in case I messed up...which I did.

049 First,
I cut out the letters. It doesn't have to be perfect. Since it is tissue paper and will not show very much, you can allow a little extra around the edges. This makes them easier to handle, too.
Next,
I used a brush to cover a section of the egg with Mod Podge (I used the matte finish) and then carefully apply the letter. Try to handle it as little as possible,  using the brush dipped in more Mod Podge to move it around and smooth it out. There will be a few wrinkles, but that's OK.  To me, that's part of the look.
Finally,
I let them dry overnight. I hung them on my kitchen cabinet knobs for this part of the process.

052
Miss Kitty would like to show you how they turned out...not bad, huh? Love those Easter-y pastel colors!

pb bunnies-horz3 And here it is…the Pottery Barn copy-cat shot! My bunnies came from Target. Cute, huh? Work it, girls! I’ll be posting this one at Debbiedoo’s for the spring Copycat Party!

069 And here is the result!  I think  I am really going to enjoy them because they can be used in so many different ways...added to a pretty glass container as vase filler, tied along a length of twine as a garland...my head is spinning! Now if spring will just hurry up and get here, I will really be excited!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Easter eggs! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Debbie at Debbiedoo’s for the Spring Copycat Party
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party and the Bunny Blog Hop

Jaime Lyn at Crafty, Scrappy, Happy for Crafty, Scrappy, Happy me on Thursdays
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila! French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays and Spring Linky Party
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

57 comments:

  1. I too loved these eggs from PB the moment I saw them! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still looking at snow, so it's a refreshing change to see your fun spring pastel Easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic job!In fact I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that. I love them. You really do have this mod-podge thing down. Thanks tons for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out great Debbie! I can't believe you can hang them and the Staff doesn't play with them-lucky girl:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these at PB and really like yours better! Love that you used colors instead of the PB's.

    Miss Kitty seems to like them.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a really great job! How springy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun those eggs are, Debbie! I can only imagine how much PB wanted for theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool and thanks for sharing.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colored eggs much better thank PB's! You're so talented with the Mod Podge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THOSE are SOOO cute! Now I am wondering why I didn't get my PB catalog this time? hmmmm. You did a grand job of making them your own! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are darling, Debbie! Thanks so much for showing how you made them, I was just in Pottery Barn and couldn't get over the prices. I kept thinking that Homegoods would have similar and less expensive things!

    Yes spring, come on!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. Love the pastel colors. It would be wonderful to have you link to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful! I like yours even better than the PB ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! You are so good in recreating anything, Debbie...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are adorable. I LOVE EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute...I can't believe you are decorating for Easter. Wait...it is coming soon...dang...where have I been.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute and at a much better price then PB! Great job as always!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are way cuter than PB's. love the Springy colors. Miss Kitty is just too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you see something, and just run with a great idea, they look fantastic!
    Have a great week, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie,
    I agree the pastel hues are much more impressive than Pottery Barns whites! You did an amazing job, dear friend. Miss Kitty is posing exactly the way Maurice use to when she was wondering what in the world I was up to! Sweet memories!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another fun project! These are adorable. I, too, love the speckles. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so crafty! Love this idea...PB has nothing on you! Love the colors you chose too! So springy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look great, Debbie! Your instructions are very clear, and I know you will come up with lots of ways to use them,like the idea of filling a glass container. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. so so cute and simple! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute!
    Brings back memories crafting with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing the "letters"...I have been working on a similar project..Your eggs are "eggstraoridinary"..sorry, couldn't help but say that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just as cute as they can be.
    Good job...:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute idea!!!
    I like your colors better than PB's!
    Enjoy your day,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job, Debbie! You have inspired me to go buy a bottle of Mod!

    ReplyDelete
  31. There you are, at it again and again, so fun. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh, yours are much better than the PB ones, and who doesn't love the price difference?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Job! You've captured the look better than PB. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great job copying PB's eggs, except yours are waaaaaay better!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic! These have been on my DIY To-Do List too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, they are so pretty! What a great idea for Easter.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  37. SO cute!!!! Great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I adore your colored eggs even more than the PB eggs. :)

    I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Kirklands gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You did a beautiful job! You won't believe me, but I received my PB catalog in the mail two weeks ago and the moment I saw the picture, I knew I was going to try to make it myself and I did! Mine is a little different and I will share it on my blog in a couple of days for Debbie's copycat party.
    Your version looks so pretty and I like it better that the one at PB!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So cute! I saw those in the PB catalog and was contemplating how to do it! Thanks for sharing! Stopping over from BNOTP :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your eggs. They are so much prettier than the PB ones. Great job. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Debbie, I like yours better. Very cute and your helper is the cutest. Thanks for joining Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What talent! Your eggs are A D O R A B L E ! Yours is better than PB....way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Those are so darling Debbie. You are so good at this. My Magazine copy cat challenge is coming up Monday..hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey, those are cute, you can't see the tissue paper at all, looks like you lettered right on the eggs. I just googled to see if there is a Hobby Lobby in Minnesota, two, but neither close, darn it.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  46. Just beautiful! Thanks for the info. and link for putting the letters on -- I would never have thought of tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cute! I envy your patience for these little projects.

    Thanks for your kind words re FB -- I miss you and a few others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your eggs ! I will steal your idea ! Thanks for sharing. Please come and follow me back I lost all my followers last week had to star over joann

    ReplyDelete
  49. delightful. I'm liking all the spring color that is popping up in blogs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is a project I have lined up for my house too - you beat me to it :-) They turned out great, and I'll be checking out your instructions to make mine. Thanks for sharing!

    www.onedogwoof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very cool project. Love the colored eggs too!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh so cute and so fun! Great copy! Bring on the spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love them! Way to go, I think they look better than PB.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie