Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

15 December, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired Poinsettia Pillow

164Christmas is fast approaching and I still have some projects I want to try this year, so I was happy to get this one finished under the wire…my Pottery Barn inspired poinsettia pillow!

PB poinsettia I knew the moment I saw this pillow in the Pottery Barn catalog that I was going to have to try to copy it! I love it! I even made a trip to Pottery Barn to check it out. It’s a little jewel…even prettier in person!

088 However, it looks as though I am going it alone again today since our co-host Baby Kitty seems to be busy communing with an interesting visitor at the back door! So here I go…

page It was really easier than I thought…
1. I made a 12 inch square pillow out of burlap. Theirs is made of a linen-like fabric, but burlap matched their color and I already had it in my stash.
2. Next, I cut leaves out of ivory felt in three different sizes…five of each size… and pressed each one in half to give the appearance of a real poinsettia. Theirs is hand-stitched down the center, but I was hopeful that pressing the leaves would give that appearance since time is not something I have a lot of right now.
3. I pinned the largest leaves first and then hot-glued the ends at the center to the pillow.
4. Then, I pinned the layer of the middle-sized leaves and hot-glued them as well. The final layer of the smallest leaves (not pictured) was added in the same way.

109 Finally, I added a cluster of little jingle bells in the center, hot-gluing them one at a time.


124 And here it is! Miss Isabella was surprised to wake up from her nap and discover a new pillow in her chair! The pillow behind it is new as well…made from a Goodwill sweater for about $3.00.

137 Here’s a final look! I have added a little burlap rosette to the sweater pillow. I think I am going to enjoy this one! Stay tuned as I still have a few last-minute tricks up my sleeve!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

44 comments:

  1. Oh I really like your new pillows! the poinsettia one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you are just amazing. I can't believe how well you can copy these things. Love the pillow. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, simple and so beautiful, well done. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty, Debbie. I had thought about making it, but didn't. Look at you and all this posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, sooo beautiful! I have a problem with pillows, I just love them all! I am going to have to borrow this idea from you if that is ok! LOL Gorgeous! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Debbie. Once again you have done fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Deb I really love this pillow!! So pretty!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did it again, Debbie!! Love it! You are going to enjoy bringing it out every holiday season!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW...have you thought about making something like this with different flowers for spring, summer and fall...when you have time of course!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so pretty! How would it look covered in cat hair? Charlie would pick that pillow to lay on I'm sure! Love the red sweater pillow also. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, the pillow is darling. I'm amazed at all the creative projects you get done. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one creative person. I love both pillows...pretty, pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie that is fantastic, one more thing to add to my "I gotta try this" list. Thanks for sharing and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie... you are a crafting machine! You make me look forward to the day when I retire and have the time to do some fun projects like these! You must also be a great time manager... I don't know how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbie,

    WOW! Both your pillows are gorgeous!!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pillow is fabulous and I can't believe the only sewing involved is just for making the basic pillow. Love the red one behind it too. That Miss Isabella is so funny. How dare that pillow sit on her chair? :)
    Have a great weekend,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! I'm impressed! I love it. Great job. I'm not very good with sewing, but I think maybe I could do this! I might have to try it. Thanks!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty pillow goes well in this festive season. Baby Kitty and Isabella are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely being pinned to remind me to do it next year. I really do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it. So easy to make. Thanks for the mini tutorial.Yours looks better then PB.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pillows are great, Debbie! Love the poinsettia! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It turned out beautiful, Debbie! Poinsettias are one of my favorite Christmas symbols! I've so enjoyed your posts lately, just haven't had a lot of time to comment... but I have been reading and viewing via email subscription. I love your style and creativity! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! TOO cute! If Christmas wasn't next week, I might copy it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Debbie, You're a creative girl! I think your pillow turned out prettier than the PB pillow. Looks very pretty with the red pillow in Miss Isabella's chair.
    Merry Christmas Debbie.........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ditto, ditto x 97! Great work. The goodwill sweater is really wonderful too! Keep 'EM coming!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Debbie,
    Thanks for the simple tutorial! I had thoughts of making some new pillows and stockings AFTER the holiday for next year's Christmas decor. This one just might do the trick!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Your staff continues to delight me when their photos come up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your pretty pillow! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. You did a beautiful job on the pillow! Your cats are adorable too. We have two of our own!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! You knw I have an inspiration/to do projects file and I think it is mostly filled with your beautiful knockoffs! Thank you for sharing this pretty pillow with us at TTF! And have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You did a great job copying the original...wish I could sew a little more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. i keep seeing these poinsetta pillows everywhere! thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The pillow is gorgeous too Debbie!
    Hope you will pop over and link up at my Christmas Inspiration party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Enjoying your pillows again. They are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I saw the original in a catalog from PB and loved it from the start. You actually did something about it, beautiful work...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are really making me to itch to make something. This PB copycat is just lovely and I think you could leave it out all winter since it's burlap and white.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This pillow is fabulous, I love it,
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your poinsettia pillow! The jingle bell center is the clincher for me, it's perfect! I'd be thrilled if you popped by to share this post, and any others you'd like to show off at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  38. You keep turning out one fabulous project after another!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Debbie you did an awesome job on your beautiful pillow. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Absolutely beautiful! Did you just cut the petals freehand? It looks amazing, you're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie