Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

27 December, 2011

My Most Popular Projects for 2011

033As the year winds down, it’s time to reflect on what I have accomplished and start to think about my plans for next year. For me, as a blogger, a part of that process is looking over the posts that were the most popular this year. These are the posts that you my readers liked the most so they give me an idea of what to plan for future posts. Sooo…in no particular order…here are my top five posts! Just click on the highlighted phrases to be taken to the posts. Among them was my Pottery Barn inspired pillowa really fun project where I experimented in making fabric flowers.

clpumpkins2Another reader favorite was my Country Living inspired découpage pumpkins. And…I am pleased to say that Country Living liked them too and asked to feature them in the Letters section in their December 2011 issue! Hey…the photo was the size of a postage stamp, but I was still thrilled! lol

036 This one really surprised me because it moved quickly to the top five after it was posted for Christmas this year! It’s my French ticking and burlap Christmas wreath which was at the center of my Christmas mantel decor.

041 Also on the top five list was the post about my chalkboard wine glasses…easy to make and oh so very handy!

imageAnd last but not least among the top five was the Mickey Mouse birthday wreath that I made for my little grandson’s first birthday party which had…you guessed it…a Mickey Mouse theme! Now we are wondering what to plan for his second birthday party! Can time have gone by that quickly?

045 Not among the top five, but one of my favorite posts was the vintage French tea towels that I made using iron-on transfers for the first time! Love them!

600 towels And another favorite of mine was the post  featuring my Wisteria knock-off linen hand towels. I think this is the post that put me over the edge as a big fat copy cat! lol It’s so much fun to see how cheaply I can reproduce something I have seen in a pricey catalog!

imageBut here is my absolute favorite! And although you might argue that it was not a project, I will tell you that more time and planning went into this trip than any other project. I invite you to read the series of posts about my trip to Paris with my grandsonlovingly anticipated for five years! It was absolutely perfect in every way and the most fun I have ever had in my entire life! If you have plans for a trip to Paris, you will find some good tips here. I am so happy to have the posts as a wonderful reminder of that week in France with my ten-year-old grandson!  
Sooo... there they are...my top five posts plus a few favorites of mine! And now...is there anything you want to see in 2012?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my favorite projects for 2011! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for the Top Projects of 2011 Party
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

47 comments:

  1. The pumpkins were my favorite but all of your projects were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing these wonderful projects again, Debbie. All beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some great projects and I know the time in Paris had to be a favorite for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vive la france! how awesome to spend time with a grandchild. you are both lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh , I think the balloon one is fabulous!! The grandson , however is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkins were my favorite--closely followed by the French ticking and burlap Christmas wreath -- very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie you did some fantastic projects this past year! I can't even pick a favorite, I LOVE them all!! Can' wait to see what 2012 brings! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a great year! I read a lot of blogs and hadn't really put it together that you had done all these great projects, including the trip to Paris. Thanks for sharing all these fun things with us - I love the pumpkins the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, All your projects are so creative and beautiful, but the "project" that I appreciate the most is the one when you taught me how to blog. I'm forever grateful for your gifts of time, patience and most of all, your friendship. Thank you so much!
    Hugs,
    Babs
    PS. Of course, I love the French tea towels, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see what your readers enjoyed the most...that's fun! I love and admire all your projects and look forward to 2012! I loved the posts about your Paris trip with your Grandson...I think those were my favorites since Paris is on my bucket list! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Believe me, I know your Paris trip was a project! I went with my 43-year-old son, and it was still a project - but, the most fun ever. Enjoyed all of your copy-cat projects this year, also. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie,

    Your projects were wonderful and all one of a kind.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great projects!! Please be sure to come on by on Saturday and link up to my Auld Lang Syne Party and enter to win a fabulous wreath from Becca over at Adventures In Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, I'm in awe of you and all the creative projects that you accomplish. My favorite would have to be the Paris trip travel log though. I do know how much time and effort went into this memorable trip for the two of you. I also realize the joy of anticipation that each of you experienced! Look forward to 2012 with Debbie and all her new creative endeavors. ;-)
    Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbie. I loved loved loved your Paris posts. Your photo's and of course your grandson's were wonderful.I will be coming back now and then to see them again. I got a Paris book for Christmas because I do want to go there again some day.
    Have a nice week.
    Riet

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some of my favorites of yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow- I was sure I had commented before...duh... Anyway- You have some fabulous projects here- You do such a nice job on everything you do! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your projects were amazing and wonderful but I think I missed the one with the chalkboard wine glasses. Wow...I have to try this! And that's the best part of seeing projects from this year at all the blogs! Ideas galore! Thanks, Debbie!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you did this recap or I would have missed that adorable Mickey mouse wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really stunning projects from the pretty P pillow to the shot of your Grandson in Paris. Memories, the things of life!

    Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday,
    Smiles, and thanks for sharing :D
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the inspiration. Those Wisteria tea towels are a great project! Can't wait to see what your projects will be in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad you had a method to pick the top 5 because if it were up to me... I'd have to pick them all!

    Happy New Year! Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects! It's hard to pick a favorite but I believe the chalkboard glasses are the most unique and creative! All are fabulous! Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2012!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A trip is a project. You have so many cute projects. Wishing you the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well you definitely had a busy year! I think I missed the chalk wine glasses, what a great idea! Can't wait to see what you have planned for us in 2012 and again congrats on your being featured in Country Living! I was just as thrilled for you as you were...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your Pottery Barn inspired pillow. I think it will be a great project for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So many great projects, Debbie! I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2012.

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love those pumpkins! So cute! Congrats on a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't deny those pumpkins were simply outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your projects. Looking forward to your posts as I just became a follower!...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Debbie,
    I love all your projects, but those towels still make my heart sing :)

    Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's hard to pick a fav when everything is so outstanding, Debbie. But, The tea towels, the pillow and Paris are at the top of my list. Can't wait to see what you turn out in 2012. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that Christmas wreath! And your CL pumpkins turned out beautifully--they look just like the pictures in the magazine! How awesome, too, to have gone to Paris with your grandson. He'll always remember that time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those tea towels just make me sigh when I look at them, Debbie! I have got to try a set for myself now that the holiday hecticness is passing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Always a good time to look back and start anew. Richard from My Old Historic house.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You had an awesome year of creating. The best was the Paris trip. How special to do with your grandson. We plan on going in 2013, so I will come back and read your tips. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Visiting from Transformation Thursday - I love all of your projects, but my fave is the pillow! *swoon*

    New follower here ;)

    Rhonda @ home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just loving all your projects ... and your are too true. That trip to Paris with your grandson was priceless! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with -- or copy for that matter -- in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I saw your pumpkins in Counrty Living and instantly knew they were yours...I was so excited for you!! I still think your pumpkins are better than theirs! All of your projects are beautiful, I love the monogram pillow! All the best to you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  40. absolutely breathtaking stuff ....I adore your blog and all your wonderful creations and sharing ... thanks for having such a wonderful place to visit .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I remember alot of these and loved them too. I say your pic in the Country Living. Great to be features, no matter how small. lol! Paris, wow maybe someday I'll get there. Have been to Austria, Germany, Prague, but have not made it to Paris yet. Looking forward to seeing what's up with you for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I remember alot of these and loved them too. I say your pic in the Country Living. Great to be features, no matter how small. lol! Paris, wow maybe someday I'll get there. Have been to Austria, Germany, Prague, but have not made it to Paris yet. Looking forward to seeing what's up with you for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just Wow! I especially love your beautiful monogrammed pillow! Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us - I can't wait to see everything you have in store for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your projects! The pumpkins & the pillow are definitely my favorites. I would love you to share this at The Corson Cottage for our last {Home for the Holidays} link party of the season going on now. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  45. All of your projects are truly wonderful Debbie! I was rereading my Country Living magazine the other night and saw your pumpkins in the Letters section and said out loud, "Hey, that's Debbies pumpkins!" It cracks my hubby up because he said, "You would think she was someone you knew". I told him I did! Blogging friends are like a big Sisterhood and we are always excited and proud to see one of us recongized! Thank you for being part of TTF and I hope you and your family have a very blessed 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a wonderfully Creative year you had... I'm adoring your fabric Rosettes... no wonder those were fav Posts!

    Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  47. Debbie,
    I think I am with you! It would be hard to top going to Paris with your grandchild. Wonderful photo of Notre Dame. Your projects are always great! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie