Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

12 November, 2011

Need Some Inspiration? It's Christmas Open House!

002I don’t know about you, but I am starting to realize that Christmas will soon be here and I have no idea what I will do about my decor! Sooo…my friend Linda at Nina’s Nest and I headed to our favorite flea and antique mall…the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia…for a little inspiration. Be sure to head over to her blog to see her take on our visit. And this year, we noticed a common theme…lots of natural elements, greenery and a more rustic look. The star of that look would be, of course, deer…over-sized deer on the buffet, glittery deer on the little tree…

068 …deer antlers mixed in with greenery on a hutch…

074 … a faux antler chandelier decorated with natural greenery…

066 …and antlers mixed in with more greenery and pheasant feathers…

065 …which starred in their own display in this wonderful Victorian silverplate pitcher…want it!…

070 …and filled old loving cups below a wall of more…what else…deer antlers! Here I do have to add that I can only buy the faux, although I do know you can find sheds. And…I must say that I am glad that I haven’t trimmed the boxwoods yet! lol

039 And there were lots of wonderful stockings to admire, like this ruffled one made of burlap and drop cloth…

059 …more burlap with inspirational tags…

053 …and lovely white burlap with some elegant touches!

055 Here’s one made from vintage linens…

058 …and one made of ticking with vintage hankies as trim!

IMG_4415 And I have to add that seeing all the burlap stockings really made me happy since I plan to use last year’s stockings (pictured above) again this year! Click here to see my mantel from Christmas 2010.

036 And I am sure that you can see from the previous photo with all of its mercury glass that I am also happy that it is back…good!…because I love it! I love the look of these ornaments in a silver bowl!

025 And it looks like I need to get the ol’ Mod Podge out for some cute deer ornaments! Hey…is that an old phone book page?

047 And I love this sheet music and glitter tree…

031 …and this ornament filled with little strips of sheet music and decorated with a damask style flourish and glitter!

011 And you know I got sidetracked by this pretty frenchy mirrored chest…

013 …and this oh-so-frenchy grain sack upholstered chair…always have to stop and read the script! lol

052 And this fabulous frenchy chair stopped me in my tracks…want it!…

015 …as well as this unique frame in the shape of an oeil de boeuf window…gorgeous!

016 And I am filing this one away for next fall…bundles of wheat in a lantern. Hey! Wait a minute! It’s still fall! I have lanterns. I wonder if Publix has any more of that wheat?

012 And the answer is yes! And only $3.49 a bundle! Hmmm…I'm loving the Christmas inspiration, but I don't think I am quite through with fall...my favorite time of year. What about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas inspiration!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

53 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Debbie! Thank you for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Debbie, it was a great tour. I'm going to be "down south" for a few days and when I get back I hope I'm filled with Christmas inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Now that's what I call a great place to go for some serious inspiration. I love the use of the deer and all the antlers and the natural look.

    Love your lanterns with the wheat, very pretty!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is all Fabulous!! I love all the deer and natural elements. I'm heading that way myself. Thanks for taking us along for the fun shopping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun inspirations. I want that chair, too!...and that mirrored chest...now where on earth would I put them? Thanks for sharing your photos. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word Debbie, so much fabulous eye candy. Love it all. The wheat in the lantern is stunning, and your display is lovely. Wow, I so need to get my thinking cap on for the Holidays. Great post and thanks for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had been in town to go to the open house. I will have to pop over there one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the eye candy tour, Debbie...I want the green lentil chair, it is a beauty! The ticking stocking is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello - this was a great post - I had no idea about that store - I will have to drive over there and check it out - so many beautiful things there. I can't believe that Christmas has come so fast.

    It was so nice to meet you at Sue's last weekend, and Kim, Kelly, and Katerine I believe.

    I just followed you and you have 6 after me - a popular gal.

    Sincerely, sandie/chatty

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOsh- What a GREAT bunch of things! I love it all-from the deer in greens at the top to the oranment filled with sheet music strips to the stockings. What a fun time you must have had looking at everything...and what, pray tell, did you BUY? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Debbie. I saw Linda's post and now you have totally new things in yours...this shop must be huge!! What don't I love?! Well, I especially love each and every one of those stockings. I'd be hard pressed to choose just one {or 4!} Love the deer with the phone book pages mod podged on...now that we don't use them anymore, what a great way to recycle. And the lanterns...theres a myriad of things you can stuff in them!!

    Thanks for taking us along!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic inspiration! *LOVE* the ticking stockings and sheet music-filled ornaments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Argh! Blogger didn't post my long comment! Anyway, loved your pics - great eye, girl! I'm thinking that the Queen looked better than I thought! Love the wheat in the lantern - nice touch. I've already put feathers in a siler creamer....will add some greenery! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous shop!! I nearly died when I saw the bunch of wheat at $3.49!! We are just about to start harvest here in Australia and I'm thinking how much money I could make @ $3.49 a bunch!!!!
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  15. O! Rustic and old world added together......now that is what I call Christmas decorating and the simple day with lots of blessings. Yes it was an inspiration to me.

    Hugs Lee-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of these days I'm going to take a trip to GA just to go there! Thanks for the sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so I'm thinking my deer heads in the FR are en-vogue'
    did I get that right???.......
    you did give me a great idea to decorate with my rustic theme....I love the use of the feathers mixed with the greens....and maybe I can talk the Boss into hanging the Moose head for the holidays!! because nothing says Christmas like antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great inspiration here, I love the addition of natural elements to holiday decor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful inspiration! I especially love the sheet music tree and am trying to think of a way to copy it. I know that you had so much fun looking around this pretty shop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Debbie for sharing all that beautiful Christmas inspiration! I loved all the natural elements mixed in with the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie,
    Thank you for sharing all the Seasonal inspiration of your recent shopping trip! Just this morning, I've been putting pen to paper with ideas for Christmas decorating! I, too, am leaning towards a more rustic and calming theme this year. Right after Thanksgiving...the transformation will begin!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Phooey, I was in Alpharetta last week, where is Queen of Hearts? If it's more than a couple of turns off hwy 92, I'm lost.... :) I'm in love with that mirrored chest and those frenchy chairs- ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, that mirrored piece is gorgeous! And those chairs!

    Love the wheat bundles; just wish I could find some in northern MN. But, I've seen lots of pickups filled with pine boughs. :@

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great post! I love naturals for Christmas. Your photos have provided me with some fabulous ideas! Don't you just swoon over those big deer! Im looking for something like that after Christmas on sale. Such inspiration here!
    I have just added you to my blog roll. LOVE your blog!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, so many great items there! I love those french chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Deb, so fun to shop with you!! I love the feel of a natural Christmas look. I did that a few years ago and it is so peaceful and restful looking. Love love the large deer!!! Your lanterns look adorable!!! Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with for your own table and mantel this year, xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for some inspiration, Debbie and I love the same chair you do. I'll have to stop at the one in Buford since that is the closest one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I would love to visit that resale and antique shop, Debbie. There are so many beautiful items....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Boy did I miss a fun day with you and Linda..... Looks like Christmas is is full swing at Q of H ... Hope to get together with you girls next time !!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for taking us to QOH in Alpharetta. I only get there when we have our car serviced in Roswell, so I really enjoyed your photos. I like your lantern with the wheat.
    Thanks for visiting.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  31. I SO want that fabulous frenchy chair! Wonder if Santa would deliver! :) ~Great inspiration in this post, and you captured it all beautifully with your pictures!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for taking us on this tour! Everything is just beautiful. I like the natural look this year. I have been seeing lots of woodland animal ornaments in the stores-in fact I just bought a glass squirrel the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great tour of holiday open houses, love going to all of them for ideas. The wheat in the lantern is such a perfect touch! Love the mercury glass also, just purchased some candlesticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. all those antlers... my oldest daughter and I went antique shopping on Saturday... and ran across a candle centerpiece made with 3-antlers crisscrossed... nothing fancy... $295!

    I've decided I'm going to stop by my brother-in-laws house and see if he still has that stack of antlers out in back of his barn...

    love the tour and love your inspirations!

    holiday blessings. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks! I was drooling over all the Christmas eye candy.

    :-) Dee

    ReplyDelete
  36. I absolutely LOVE your Christmas mantel!!! I just called my mom to ask if we can have a day of sewing so we can attempt to make your fabulous burlap stockings. Thanks for being so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. next time I go to GA I must go shopping with you.
    Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
    have a great crafting week!
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. What FABULOUS inspiration!!! Love all the pics and am going back to see your mantle from last year! Love all the deer accessories etc. I NEED SOME ANTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow-so much to love in these photo's ~ my favorite is the red ticking stockings! darling!!! xoox, tracie
    ps - popping over from coastal charm to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am seriously drooling over those merc glass ornaments, Debbie. Soooo pretty! Thank you for all of this delicious inspiration! I'm ready to decorate! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  41. So many beautiful elements to think about...I usually can't think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but your post was inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anyone into decorating their homes..no matter their style..has GOT to love your blog! FANTASTIC!!
    Ok..now I feel better. Now I will go back and calmly...yes, calmly look at the pretties you have (calm here) shared with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for the tour. I saw a lot of good ideas. I am with you, I have no idea what I'm doing for Christmas decor this year, but better get in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my goodness! every single thing is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great tour! I can't wait to pull out the Christmas decorations! They come out the day after Thanksgiving in my house. The tree won't go up for a couple weeks though or else I will be vacuuming up needles thru the spring!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful inspiration! I can't wait to see your knock-offs of some of the paper decor. Love the phone book deer and that glittery Christmas tree. I need to find some faux antlers like yours. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW Debbie that is inspiration and so much beautiful eye candy!! Popped over and saw last years Christmas mantel too, GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos full of inspiration for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a beautiful shop, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at the Open House Party and take care.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  50. Found you at Savvy Southern Style. Love your Christmas ideas. I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you, Debbie, for sharing this beautiful place -- I'm utterly twitchy with inspiration and excitement for Christmas!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie