Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

18 November, 2018

A Little Christmas Antiquing

Are you beginning to think Christmas-y thoughts? One thing always gets me in the holiday spirit every year...Christmas Open House at the Queen of Hearts! And this year I hit two of their locations...Alpharetta and Buford...for double the fun and inspiration! And I am excited to share my favorites with you!



I love this one! Have you noticed all the black and white buffalo check that is showing up to accent the Christmas décor this year? These painted letters are a fun way to display it. Then wrap it all up in a tobacco basket for an interesting and different piece!

More black and white check...this time on a cute pair of doggies! I am a sucker for little animals in clothes!

Isn't this mirror gorgeous? I love all the Gothic style touches! Add that pair of sconces and it's perfection!

And did you notice the vintage-look Santa sitting in front of the mirror? Here's a closer look. He reminds me of  Père Noël and my time in France and almost came home with me!

Gotta love a reindeer at Christmas and this one with the birch bark finish is so unusual!

And here's a pair of zinc-look bells that also sport the reindeer motif!

Maybe my favorite among the reindeer décor is this magical deer sleigh!

This beautiful layered cut-out of a peaceful winter scene was another unusual piece!

And of course, it wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't find a few Santas. Love those little trees, too!

This handmade snowman was just one of several...each uniquely different and special. I couldn't help but notice the vintage bobbin-turned-wand in his hand!

And if you know me, you know I had to stop and smile at this Santa mouse...yet another little animal in clothes!

And you know I love this collection of tiny blue and white ginger jar ornaments!

If there is an antique castor set in the place, I will find it...and this one's a beauty! They just call my name! You can be sure if it's quadruple silverplate like this one that it dates from the Victorian era and is over 100 years old.

And for those of you who are not quite ready to think Christmas and are in full Thanksgiving mode, here's a pretty idea...a vintage gravy boat filled with seasonal naturals! Just swap those pumpkins for ornaments and you could transition into Christmas.

And in case you are wondering what came home with me, it's this wonderful vintage Enfant de Prague. I love the robe and the beautiful old Rosary of the Seven Sorrows. I am adding it to my others, making it a collection of three. However, this one seems extra special. This one was cherished by someone and it will be treasured by me as well!

I hope you enjoyed our little shopping trip. I always love taking you along! Meanwhile, at home, I am busy decorating and will have my mantel ready to show you soon...so stay tuned!

Remember to pin it!




Also find me at…

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I think me needs to come up next year for these Open Houses. I always enjoyed when you took me to Queen of Hearts, there's nothing quite like it. Love your Enfant of Prague and oh my, that castor set. I always admire the one they use on Pride and Prejudice. :) Have a Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. Miss you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I always enjoy tagging along to this antique venue. Your newest Enfant of Prague will be a fantastic addition to your group. You know what they say about 3 or more! For me, it's that cute doggie couple that most likely would have gone home with me. Black and white, dogs, and doges dressed in clothes ~ yes, that would be a winner in my book.
    Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie, next time you go antiquing, can I actually come along. Wonderful finds, I'd probably brought most of it home, especially those bells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these visit to the antique shops. What fun. That JOY sign is making my heart beat fast!! I love your find, how sweet and now you have 3 and a collection! Can't wait to see you home for Christmas and this year's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love “tagging along” in your antique shopping trips! So many great holiday finds this time.... Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie