Here's what you will need:
- Tea towel of your choice (mine came from World Market)
- Coordinating fabric cut into four 9 inch x 5 inch pieces (These are the ties. You could use ribbon if you prefer.)
- Lumbar pillow form (mine is 22 inches x 13 inches)
And here's what you will do:
- Fold the tea towel over the pillow form so that the short sides overlap about 2 inches or as much as your pillow form will allow. You may need to allow for the design on your towel as well. Mark the measurement with pins and remove the pillow from.
- Fold one end of the tea towel up at the measurement that you determined would work. Overlap the other end over it, pin in place, turn inside out and then stitch. You have created a sort of open-ended tube.
- With the tube still inside out, stitch across one end, leaving the other open for the pillow form.
- Stitch each of the smaller fabric pieces on three side, leaving one of the shorter ones open. Clip excess and corners, turn and press. These are the ties.
- Stitch the four pieces to the inside of the open end of the cover so that you have two sets of ties lined up at about 1/3 and 2/3 points.
Now just turn right side out, press and add your pillow form. Then just simply tie the ends and there you have it! You know I especially love the Eiffel Tower design in this one!
And just in case you are looking for more ideas for lumbar pillows, here's one of my favorites...my POTTERY BARN INSPIRED FRENCHY PILLOW. It's easy to make and the tutorial also includes instructions for the flowers!
And Miss Kitty says that if you are really lucky, you will have a furry friend who coordinates with your pillows...always a special touch! ;-)
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!