Here’s what you will need:
- 1/2 yard each of crafting felt in two shades of green (I had leftover fabric that I will be using in another project.)
- 3/4 yard of crafting felt in hot pink
- 1 small square of black felt
- Fabric glue
- 16 inch foam wreath form
- Jute twine to hang the wreath
And here’s what you will do:
- Cut the felt in strips that are 2 inches wide and 18 inches long. I had 28 pink strips, 18 dark green strips and 8 light green strips. NOTE: You may find that the number of strips varies for you, depending on how closely you gather them.
- Tie the strips to the wreath form using double knots and wiggle them up or down in opposite directions so that the knots are not right next to each other. This will give you better coverage.
- Cover the bottom part of the wreath by alternating two dark green strips with one light green to resemble the outer portion of a watermelon.
- Fill in the top part with the pink strips.
Finish it off by cutting seed shapes from the black felt and adding them to the pink portion in a random pattern using fabric glue. Finally, tie a length of jute twine in a loop at the center of the wreath to use as a hanger. And…
…taaa daaa! Here is is! It will be a fun and whimsical addition to my front door to greet my summer guests…and I will smile every time I see it! And my littlest grand said Awww! when he spied it, so I know it is a success! :-)
Miss Kitty, however, has decided that it makes a cozy bed so I had better get it hung up once her nap is over. Yes…I know…I’m not the boss in my own home, but how are you going to disturb such cuteness? ;-)
Easy Flower Pot Wreath
No-Sew Burlap Rose Wreath
Pier 1 Inspired Seashell Wreath
Stars & Stripes Burlap Wreath
Remember to pin it!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…