It’s super easy and inexpensive, too! Here’s what you will need:
- A Styrofoam wreath form (Mine is 18 inches)
- Burlap in stars and stripes patterns (Mine is actually burlap ribbon from Walmart. I used 2 1/2 rolls of the stripes and about 1/2 of a roll of the stars. Each roll was 10 feet long and 5 1/2 inches wide.
- Jute twine for hanging the wreath
And here’s what you will do:
- Cut the ribbon into 17 inch pieces and then cut the pieces in half lengthwise, leaving each piece about 2 inches wide. If you are not using ribbon, but are using burlap fabric, cut 17 x 2 inch pieces. The number of pieces that you will need depends on the fabric that you are using.
- Tie the pieces onto the wreath form using single knots since the fabric is so bulky, placing them very close together and adjust them, first to the left and then the next one to the right, alternating directions so that the wreath form doesn’t show through. Cover about 3/4 of the form with the stripe and the rest of the form with the stars.
- Tie a length of jute twine to the form at the place where the stars and stripes meet near the top. This will be your hanger.
Now just hang your wreath and enjoy! I love the way it adds texture and a rustic feel to my holiday décor!
And if you are on the lookout for more easy ideas for patriotic décor, here is my Pottery Barn inspired patriotic banner…and you don’t have to be able to sew a stitch to create this one!
Pottery Barn inspired 3-D paper star wreath..so fun and easy to make!
And my favorite new way to add some festive patriotic touches to your home…my stars and stripes rag ball filler! They only take minutes to make and look great in a dough bowl or stacked in a vase or lantern!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…