My inspiration came from a lovely wreath from Consie at Atop Serenity Hill that I found here. She’s a fabulous artist and I …errr…am not, so I just made a few changes to better suit my
Here’s what you will need:
- A grapevine wreath (about 15 inches)
- Approximately 50 strips of burlap measuring 1” x 6” (I just raided my scrap stash, but 1/3 of a yard of burlap will be more than enough.)
- Felt squares in three shades of green (1 square of light green, 1 of dark green and 2 of medium green)
- Print-out of the shamrock template found here
- Hot glue gun
- Jute twine (to hang the wreath)
- Tie the strips of burlap to the wreath, spacing them evenly throughout the wreath.
- Using the template, cut out the shamrocks in three different sizes. (I cut 5 large shamrocks in medium green, 5 medium shamrocks in medium green, 10 small shamrocks in light green and 5 small shamrocks in dark green.)
- Hot glue the shamrocks to the wreath, spacing them evenly throughout the wreath.
- Tie a loop of jute twine to the back of the wreath to hang it.
I love the way the different shades of green felt add some depth to the look of the wreath, while the burlap adds lots of texture!
Also find me at…