Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

17 October, 2019

Halloween Cookie Jar Makeover

I have a fun makeover to share today...but it didn't really start out to be anything along those lines! I'm going to be honest here. I've spent the last few years trying on now-stylish muted colors for fall but I have to confess that I have missed the bright colors. So this year I have been embracing  traditional jack-o'lanterns, black cats, bats and orange and black for Halloween....and loving it!




So when I spied this fabulous cookie jar on the World Market catalog, I knew it had to be mine! Soooo...I ordered it.

Imagine my disappointment when this arrived. No black cat. :-( I called to ask to have another one sent but there were no more. The nice people at World Market refunded my money and let me keep the remaining part of the cookie jar.

Now I am sure you are wondering how I have managed to have photos of the whole jar. I couldn't get it out of my mind and drove one hour each way to buy it in the store. I know...crazy! But I knew this perfect cookie jar would haunt me if I didn't go get it! :-)

But what to do with this little fellow? I debated...fill it with a fall arrangement and use it as a vase? Then I spied something in Michael's that gave me the answer...

 ...a little cardboard witch's hat! And with a little black spray paint and ribbon from my stash, I created the perfect topper!

 And here it is! I love it! It has just the right amount of sass!

It doesn't close firmly, of course, so it won't be filled with cookies but it's perfect for wrapped Halloween candy! (And yes, that's Miss Iris in the background...always keeping a close eye on my projects.)

And now I have the other one for cookies! I am one happy camper!

Be sure to check out my other Halloween decor in full-on orange and black...

 ...like my POTTERY BARN INSPIRED CENTERPIECE WITH  $1 HAND-PAINTED MUGS. Virtually everything you see is from Dollar Tree!

And my HALLOWEEN MANTEL WITH DIY MANTEL SCARF. It's my favorite Halloween mantel ever! I've included a detailed tutorial so that you can make your own mantel scarf, too!

And stay tuned because I may just squeeze in one more last-minute super-easy Halloween project!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie