Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

17 September, 2019

Pottery Barn Inspired Halloween Centerpiece with DIY $1 Mugs

I can't wait to show you my latest project...my Halloween centerpiece starring my super easy and inexpensive DIY mugs! As soon as I saw this in the Pottery Barn catalog, I knew I had to make my own. And if you know me, you know I found a way to create it at a fraction of the cost!

I started  with my two-tiered galvanized tray...an inexpensive Walmart find. Although there is a
three-tired version, I have found that the smaller one works better in my space. And I might add that almost everything on the tray came from Dollar Tree so you know I didn't spend a lot to decorate it!

The top tier is filled with a fun white pumpkin and two treat-filled mugs...

...and the bottom tier has more of the same. And, yes, everything that you see on the tray came from Dollar Tree, including the fun witch's finger candy!

But the stars of the centerpiece are the Pottery Barn inspired Halloween mugs!

There is a jaunty jack-o'-lantern...

...a skeleton face reminiscent of Jack Skellington...

...and a not-so-scary vampire bat...my favorite, I think!

They were fun and easy to make. I just used mugs from Dollar Tree and Sharpie oil-based paint markers to draw the faces. I used the mugs on the Pottery Barn page as a guide although you could draw them any way you wish. Just draw the outline and then fill in. No need to worry about mistakes! A little nail polish remover wipes them away. Be sure to let them dry completely before handling them. Note: They will not stand up to much washing so you may want to use them for display only.

And here they are in the centerpiece! I always like to have some touches of Halloween in my fall decorating since my little grands are frequent guests at my house and seem to enjoy it!

And stay tuned....more Halloween decor is on the way, including a fun-to-make mantel scarf I've been eyeing for two years!

Remember to pin it!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. What a nice idea to decorate for Halloween without breaking the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you break a project down so I even think I could do it and at a reasonable cost. Thank you. Joyce Fowler

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie