Here’s what you will need:
- Goats milk glycerin soap (Mine came from Michaels. I used 1/2 of a 2 pound block.)
- Apple soap scent (Mine came from Hobby Lobby. Note that this is NOT essential oil.)
- Apple pie spice (Yep…the kind used in baking!)
- Coloring for the soap if you wish ( I added a few drops of orange since I thought red would make it turn pink.)
- Heavy glass bowl for melting the soap
- Molds (I used clear plastic rectangular ones from Hobby Lobby.)
- Non-stick spray such as Pam
- Slice off as much soap as you plan to use. (I used one pound which made 4 rectangular bars.)
- Follow the directions on the soap to melt it in the microwave. Be sure not to overheat it!
- When it is completely melted, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice and gradually add soap scent to your liking. As noted, this is NOT essential oil, so you may need to add more. I used about 1/2 of the package (or 1/4 ounce) for one pound of soap.
- Spray the molds with non-stick spray, pour in the soap and let it cool and harden.
- Once they have hardened, simply pull the molds back around the edges to release the soap. It may take several tries, but it will work!
Now simply lather up and enjoy the scent of fall right there in your soap! I love its rustic look, too!
And wouldn’t they make fun little teacher or hostess gifts? I can’t wait for fall to get here, but in the meantime, I can enjoy the scent each time I use them! :-)
And be sure to check out our EASY LAVENDER GOATS MILK SOAP, too! It’s another five minute soap that is fun and easy to make!
And just in case you are like me and want to give fall a little hurry-up push, here are 10 WAYS TO GET A HEAD START ON FALL! You’ll find all sorts of easy DIY and craft projects to help bring on that fall feeling and give you a little head start on getting your home ready for the season!
Miss Ozzie says she can’t wait because it’s her favorite season, too, with lots of leaves to play in and those yellow fall butterflies to chase! What about you? Are you ready for fall?
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!