And…to help put us in the mood for spring, we have finally had a sunny day today! In fact, it has been glorious! Baby Kitty decided to take full advantage of a sunny spot and have a long nap so I will be going it alone.
But that is not a problem since this one is so easy! Here’s all I had to do:
- First, wrap a straw wreath form ($3.00 with a coupon at Michaels) in strips of burlap, securing them with staples as you go. I had plenty of burlap in my stash, but if you don’t, a yard should be more than enough.
- Next, I gathered my supplies…two faux dogwood stems, a nest and some little Easter eggs…also from my stash…so free! However, with a coupon and some careful shopping, they would not be expensive since most craft stores have their spring decor on sale right now.
- Then I cut the dogwood stems to fit my wreath and secured them with hot glue.
- Finally, I hot glued the nest to the wreath and then added the eggs…also with hot glue.
- And…taaa daaa!…here’s the finished wreath!
I love it! And…the fact that it only cost three dollars is a bonus! Ahhh! Surely it won’t be too much longer now until spring! What about you? Are you getting out your spring decor?
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my spring wreath! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
French Country Cottage for the Six Days of Spring Party
French Country Cottage for It's a Spring Thing Linky Party
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on: