Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

29 December, 2012

My Personal Favorites...Projects I Loved the Most in 2012

I hope you don’t mind if I do a little something different this year. In addition to my previous post on my top ten projects for 2012, I am going to show you the ones that I loved the best. Some of them were just more fun or rewarding to create. Some of them were projects that just kept cooking in my brain and wouldn’t leave me alone until I figured out how to make them. And several of them were made with someone special in mind. In any case, here they are. I hope you enjoy them!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Monogrammed Board  SqaureI really loved making this Pottery Barn copy cat monogrammed serving board. It was one of those that just wouldn't leave me alone until I found the just-right time-worn cutting board while thrifting. It was really easy and I think it looks like I spent waaay more than $5.00! And...I can use it all year long!


Jack-O-Lantern Pillow with Interchangeable FacesI was smiling the whole time I was making my Jack-o-Lantern pillow with interchangeable faces because I had my little grandsons in mind! They can create their own pumpkin faces and even store the extra pieces in a pocket on the back. It will be enjoyed for many Halloweens to come!

This Country Living inspired ruler table runner was made for a sweet friend so that made it extra fun to create!

I had been eyeing a similar wreath on Pinterest and finally had to make my own flower pot wreath. It was a really easy project that hung on my front door all summer. I know that when warm weather returns, it will make its way back there!

025This one was another one that kept bugging me until I finished it…my vintage French tea towels made from…you’ll never believe it…inexpensive IKEA dish towels! One day I will own the real thing, but for now this will do. And...you don't have to be able to embroider to create them!

And finally, I love these vintage French silverware sleeves…another one that haunted me until I made it. It has a spot for all of the flatware neatly labeled in French and even has a pocket for the napkin.

silverware sleeveI love its rustic simplicity! It just looks like it came from an old French farmhouse, doesn’t it?

And there they are…my favorites from this year! I hope that you don’t mind that I shared them again. They really had a spot in my heart and just had to be created! And already a project or two is starting to nag at me for 2013!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my favorite projects for 2012! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

Southern Hospitality for the Top Projects of 2012 Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

18 comments:

  1. Well at least half or more of those were pinned by me -- I think my favorite was the silverware holder you made. I even forwarded that to several friends who do a lot of entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to pin a few of those right now! LOVE every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, Debbie! You know that you've inspired me many times this year in creating and yes, some of them were the "I have to make this!" variety! : ) I have no immediate ideas for projects in 2013 right now. I've got a few things from the thrift store waiting on makeovers and I'll probably start with them first. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved each one of these projects when you first posted them and loved seeing each one of them again! It's easy to see why they were your favorites. Looking forward to more awesome projects from you in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, Happy New Year! I love these projects too. That pot wreath is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a very creative 2012...looking forward to see what you come up with in 2013!
    Happy New Year, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb what I love about your DIY projects is they look professionally done. Always displayed in the right manner and beautifully executed, xo Kathysue
    Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year 2013 von Chabby by Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I love everything you do. I'm not nearly as talented and creative as you, but your blog inspires me to do some little things that make me happy. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, you have the best projects...so talented. I envy you. Happy New Year's. Can't wait to see what you do in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful projects, what a success! I have loved them all, but I especially loved the tray made from a cutting board and the pretty French tea towels. Can't wait to see what sparks your interest this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects. It is funny how we get haunted by the projects that we ought to be completing. Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing what you will accomplish. I finally will be accomplishing much also in my craft space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie,
    Love seeing your projects in review!!!
    May 2013 be filled with even greater creativity and sharing!!!
    Have a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ann...your projects are always wonderful...love to see them...and anxious to see what you will be creating in 2013....Have a very happy and healthy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's late Debbie...I called you Ann!!!...and I am not even drinking Egg Nog!!!....Have a Happy Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many fabulous ideas! Can't wait to see what you're up to this year!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all of your projects Debbie so it would be so hard to choose a favorite! Hope you have a fabulous New Year and thanx for all you wonderful inspiration you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is fun to revisit your favorite projects. I look forward to what comes next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie